I honestly couldn’t tell you the last time I was at a party and they had a cheese ball there. Why is that? I mean seriously, these things are so easy to make and so friggen good. Plus they are so versatile that literally you can make it sweet, savory, spicy, sugary, hot or cold. The possibilities are endless.
So while I was writing down recipes to post for the countdown I was cruising the boob tube and there was a party scene where the hostess brought out a regular cheese ball and you would have thought she gave these people a million dollars each. This thing was devoured in seconds. That’s when it hit me. People it’s time to bring back the cheese ball!
With the holidays in full swing now and you’re looking for something different to serve or take, whip up one of these! You’ll be a huge hit!
This one is packed full of yumminess that honestly you’re not sure if it’ll work together but mixed all together and WOW! Talk about a flavor explosion! This is so good that I’m so thankful I took these pictures right after dinner as I possibly couldn’t stuff one more thing in my mouth. Although um.. see that cracker above well um it um kinda-sorta-fell-into-my-mouth. LOL THANK GOD FOR TIGHT JEANS as there was no way they were letting one more cracker fit in my belly!Print
- 1 1/2 packages (12 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pineapple pieces, cut small and very well drained
- 1 green onion, chopped small
- 4 slices of baked ham, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar, gouda or fontina
- 2 Tbl chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder *optional
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl except the pecans.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- With slightly wet hands, form the mixture in a ball and place on wax paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes (just enough to chill it).
- Remove from the fridge and roll in the pecans.
- Put on serving dish, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- minutes prior to serving remove from the fridge.
I’ve made this with both fat free and regular cream cheese and frankly I don’t taste a difference.
To serve I typically go with a herbed cracker, some veggies and on those husbandless-home nights… a spoon 🙂