There are days when simply life (or dishes) need no explanation. You just know it’s right; you just embrace it and you just… eat it!
Make this, seriously, MAKE THIS!Print
- 2 fresh Ciabatta Buns (6″ in length)
- 3 Tbl butter, softened
- 8 thin slices, baked ham
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups grated Jarlsberg Cheese
- 16–20 artichoke hearts (smaller sized)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the Panini press. If you don’t have a panini press, wrap a brick with aluminum foil and get out a non-stick pan.
- Spread 2 Tbl butter on the outside of the buns, reserving 1 Tbl for the inside (1/2 tsp each).
- Laying the bottom halves of the bun, buttered side down on a piece of plastic wrap start assembling the sandwich.
- Layer 4 slices of ham down on each sandwich, top with the artichoke hearts, add the spinach and Jarlsberg cheese.
- Sprinkle on the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the top of the buns, buttered side up.
- Lifting the lid of the panini press, add the buns and close the lid. If working with brick, heat up your pan to medium and add the sandwich. Cool for 3-5 minutes or until the one side is crispy/golden brown. When you flip it, then add the brick.
- Cook until the cheese is melted, ooey and gooey!