I am in love ♥♥♥!!!
I just can’t even speak…
Make these. Seriously go make these!
Once you do, you’ll question your very existence. You’ll question how you ever went through life without these.
I made these and literally ate the entire plate myself… and since creating this recipe, I’ve made them 4 times! And because they are avocados AND because they are baked, I don’t feel a single bit guilty!
Now if you don’t mind, I need to go make another batch.
Dear God.. go make these!
I mean seriously, just by looking at the picture you can see that crunch they have going on! No oil, no deep frying.. just these luscious lovelies and your oven.
The contrast between the crunchy outside and the creamy smooth inside… OH DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS!
If you notice, I have a dipping sauce to go with this. I made a Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce that literally I have eaten straight off of the spoon, have used it on veggies, fish, crackers, another spoon, these avocado fries and chicken. It’s THAT good! No worries though, I’ll be posting it very soon.Print
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the sheet.
- Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- With the tip of a sharp knife, cut long strips 1/4” wide while the avocado flesh is in the shell.
- Get out 3 bowls.
- In the first bowl, place the flour, salt, pepper, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, cayenne and cumin. Mix to combine.
- In the 2nd bowl, add the egg whites and water. Beat until frothy and well combined.
- In the last bowl, add in the panko and 1/4 teaspoon paprika, mix to combine.
- Using a large spoon, gently scoop out each avocado slice.
- Dredge each slice in the flour, ensuring to coat all sides.
- Place in the egg white and coat then entire thing with the egg mixture.
- Lift up and allow some of the egg mixture to run off an excess.
- Place the slice in the panko mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Add to the rack and repeat until all the slices are coated.
- Spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and gently turn.
- Spray again with the olive oil and continue baking for 8-10 minutes or until they are crispy golden brown.