Now it’s no secret, my undeniable love for Avocados from Mexico and Jarlsberg Cheese. I mean I am OBSESSED (but in a good way) with both of these foods for a multitude of reasons – they are good for you, they taste FANTABULOUS and they both can be used in a bajillion different ways.
Well a few weeks back I was contacted by Kitchen PLAY to come up with an amazing Breakfast Duos recipe featuring both Avocados from Mexico and Jarlsberg Cheese. Wait, what??? You want me to come up with a recipe featuring 2 of my all time favorite ingredients?!?! WOO HOO! Forget the lottery (well okay, $300 million would be nice) YES YES YES! I knew instantly what I wanted to make.
You see, one of my all-time favorite foods is pizza. Whether it’s sweet or savory, spicy or simplistic, I honestly think I could live on it. In college I probably did! haha
The most difficult aspect for me in this awesome challenge was to come up with the ‘sauce’ recipe. Pizza traditionally has a tomato sauce, and lord knows I didn’t want that for breakfast. I thought about country gravy, alfredo, even light olive oil but then it hit me one morning when I was making Mr. Fantabulous Eggs Benedict. Hollandaise Sauce! YES that’s it! That is the quintessential breakfast sauce. THAT is the ‘pizza sauce’ for this breakfast dish! I was so excited to make this that literally we had JUST finished eating breakfast and I had to go make this dish. Yes. I “forced” us to have an early brunch.
This, folks… left me speechless. Words cannot describe the amazing flavors that were bestowed upon me. This pizza is the ULTIMATE BREAKFAST PIZZA!!! Yeah I know, pretty big and bold statement but this recipe more than backs it up. Make it, I dare you… You’re going to fall in love with breakfast all over again!
Just look at that! No, really… LOOK! Doesn’t that just make your mouth water??? That creamy avocado just begging to be bitten into. All of that ooey gooey melty Jarlsberg cheese… and the bacon… and the hollandaise sauce.
Dear Sweet Lord you need to make this…and then go thank the heavens for this dish!
Now the recipe is broken up to making 4 individual breakfast pizzas but you can easily make one ginormous one for the family. But for me personally, having my own meant that I didn’t have to share (even though Mr. Fantabulous swallowed his whole and took half of mine…big moose!).
Here is some awesome news where you can all be a part of this great event! Join Kitchen PLAY, Jarlsberg USA and Avocados from Mexico for a Twitter Party celebrating great “Breakfast Duo” recipes from ten of your favorite bloggers! Learn about Avocados from Mexico and Jarlsberg cheese. Have fun testing your knowledge of both of these delicious foods. Win great prizes!
Want to win a fabulous prize during the Twitter Party? Beginning April 1, read all 10 Progressive Party posts at Kitchen PLAY for clues. Each post contains either a “cheese fact” or an “avocado fact” that may appear as a trivia question during the Twitter Party. Answer those trivia questions correctly to have a better chance to win! (Approximate value of each prize is $100)
Check out EventBrite for more information on the Twitter Party! Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:00 PM EST / 4:00 PST Follow the hashtag #BreakfastDuos
In addition, Avocados From Mexico is having a FANTABULOUS Sweepstakes right now!!! Their “Make Breakfast Better” Sweepstakes is packed full of amazing prizes you can win! Check this out!
♦ Enter to win $2000 worth of cookware and other great prizes including free groceries!
♦ Over 500 prizes will be awarded
♦ You can enter on the Avocados From Mexico breakfast sweepstakes page
♦ Hurry ends April 14th!
To enter this fantabulous sweepstakes and to find more details, visit their Breakfast Sweepstakes Page today!But wait… there’s MORE! We need to talk about a Treasure Hunt! When joining in the Twitter Party you’ll be given clues. Make sure to keep track of them! Here’s one you’ll definitely need to know so write it down!
♦ Jarlsberg is produced in 20 lb. wheels ♦
Now, back to this FANTASTICAL Breakfast Pizza…
This is pure perfection when it comes to breakfast!
The next time you’re on Facebook, check out Avocados From Mexico and tell them The Kitchen Whisperer sent you. They have a great page chocked full of great information!
Now I have to take a minute to give thanks to the folks that inspired me and helped make this happen!Print
- 1 cup Hollandaise Sauce, slightly cooled
- 2 whole Avocados from Mexico Avocados, sliced into 1/4” slices
- 3 cups grated Jarlsberg Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 8 strips Sriracha Spiced Bacon, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne (for each pizza)
- 1 lb Pizza Dough, cut into 4–4 ounce balls
- Preheat the oven to 500F with a pizza stone place in on lowest rack for 30 minutes. If you do not have a pizza stone, you can use an inverted metal baking pan/sheet or a pizza screen. If using an inverted baking pan, preheat in the oven for 15 minutes. A pizza screen does not need preheated.
- On a lightly floured surface stretch out each dough ball into a 6” round circle.
- Place the dough circles on to the pizza screen or onto a pizza peel covered in corn meal.
- Repeat for all four 4-ounces balls.
- Gently spread out 1/4 cup of the Hollandaise sauce over top leaving a 1/2” edge of crust.
- Place 1/4 cup spinach leaves over top of the sauce again leaving that 1/2” of crust on each pizza
- Top each one with 1/4 cup Jarlsberg cheese.
- Sprinkle 2 strips of Sriracha Spiced Bacon on top.
- Taking 1/2 of an Avocados from Mexico Avocado, arrange the slices into a circle on top of the pizza. This will act as the ‘well’ for the egg.
- Taking 1 egg, crack it into a separate bowl.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully pick up the yolk and place that in the middle of pizza (inside of the avocado well).
- Taking a spoon, gently spoon the egg white around the yolk but remaining inside of the well. You may or may not use all of the egg white.
- Repeat these steps with the remaining 3 eggs.
- With the remaining 1 cup of Jarlsberg cheese, divide that evenly on top of the pizzas leaving the yolk exposed.
- Slide the pizzas onto the baking stone and bake for 8-12 minutes carefully rotating the pizzas on the pizza stone or pizza screen after 5 minutes. The pizzas will be done when the crust is golden brown, the egg yolk is set and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and a pinch of cayenne.