So I’ve been showing you every Friday for the past 3 months how to incorporate SI03‘s AMAZING Syntrax Protein Powders into various recipes albeit savory, desserts, breads, muffins, main meals, etc. This week I wanted to go back to the basics when it comes to protein powders. Most people put them in their drinks either by just adding milk, juice or water and shaking them. Now I have 2 of these a day this way and LOVE it but every once in a while I want ‘bad’. I want a milkshake. Now traditionally milkshakes are made with whole milk and ice cream. Sure you can use frozen yogurt and skim milk but for me, I don’t really care for the taste. Plus frozen yogurt isn’t always that healthy for you or that much lower in fat/calories. Or if it is, you may suffer with the lack of taste. Don’t get me wrong though as there are some killer frozen yogurt places around. There’s one actually by my work that has the BEST Salted Caramel frozen yogurt.
Well one night post workout I was craving a milkshake in the WORST way. I think it’s because I had to make Mr. Fantabulous one (a ‘real’ one) and since the man doesn’t gain an ounce he can have the whole milk, cream and ice cream. If I even look at it and my thighs turn to jello! However I still made myself a shake that was equally as awesome as him (actually he liked mine more than his) and 9 bajillion times more healthier! PLUS it’s packed with protein!!!
See I didn’t use ice cream or frozen yogurt at all. Sure it has milk in it but I used frozen banana slices.
Yep, good ol’ nanners. Note.. you MUST peel them before freezing! Use the link in the recipe below on how to Freeze Bananas. See when you whip up frozen banana slices in the blender or food processor it whips up just like creamy soft serve ice cream.
I know, right! BONUS!!! Potassium in my shake!
Seriously, don’t you just want to dive right into that glass, swim around in that cake batter yumminess and just eat it all up??? It was so good; so truly delicious!
Yeah, that’s cookie chunks, chocolate and pure bliss in that glass right there!
Now tell me if you knew that if you worked out that THIS you could have and not feel guilty about, wouldn’t you work out more?! I know I would! Knowing that I’m not stuck eating just carrots or celery post workout and that I CAN have this pushes me to run that extra mile, do a few more reps on the bench, or do another 15 minutes of cardio.
Reward yourself the healthy and DELICIOUS way!Print
Protein Packed Chocolate Cake Batter Double Stuffed Cookies Shake
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 1 cup Frozen Banana Slices
- 1/4 cup Syntrax Nectar Sweets Double Stuffed Cookie Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1–2 teaspoon chocolate syrup (can be fat free/sugar free)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Sprinkles and a crushed cookie for garnish
- To garnish the rim of the glass with sprinkles dip your finger in some water and gently run your finger around the rim. On a side note, you can dip your finger in light corn syrup and use that as well.
- Roll the wet rim in sprinkles. Set aside.
- In a blender, and in this order, add the frozen banana slices, protein powder, cocoa powder, sugar, flour, milk, extract and syrup.
- Pulse the blender a few times to start to break up the chunks.
- Blend/whip until desired consistency. Add more milk if you want a thinner shake. This is pretty thick.
- Garnish with a crushed cookie.
Flavors – If you want, you can use any boxed cake mix in lieu of the sugar/flour/cocoa powder. If you do, use 2 tablespoon of boxed mix. The flavors then are endless!
Leave a Comment & Review