So my butcher had a killer sale on their boneless beef short ribs. Now, while I’m not a big beef fan, I absolutely LOVE beef short ribs. I mean just look at how I turned these babies one time into made them in an Osso Buco manner. LOVED LOVED LOVED this dish!
It was hot out and with my HVAC still not working I wanted these bad boys but didn’t want to have to turn on the oven. <Enter one of my 9 crock pots… yes 9> I opted to make this into a shredded beef type way that I could easily adapt into various meals.
Tonight we went with BBQ sliders with one of the best bacon bbq sauces ever! It’s borderline spicy but has that killer bacon undertone followed by sweet bbq sauce.
I literally could not stop eating this stuff! Now you all know how picky of an eater I am and that I rarely do leftovers. I am just not a re-heat type of girl. Now that could stem from the fact growing up we never really had leftovers having 4 boys in the house who ate everything that wasn’t nailed down!
This I ate every day for a week in a variety of ways – sliders, just by itself, on pizza, mixed in a casserole type dish with baked beans and taters. It was.. no, IS awesome!
This is that dish you can have all year round! I mean with graduation party season upon us, this is KILLER to have as a food option! It’s super simple to make and can feed a ton! Plus seriously, this BBQ sauce is AMAZING!!!Print
- 6–7 lb. boneless beef short ribs, trimmed
- 1/2–1 cup water
- 5–6 cups Bacon BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the salts, spices and brown sugar.
- Pat the ribs dry with a clean paper towel.
- Rub spice mix onto all sides of the ribs.
- Place in a crock pot.
- Add about 1/2-1 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove from the crock and using a fork, shred meat into bite-size pieces, discarding any fat or sinew.
- Toss with warm Bacon BBQ sauce.
I served these on sliders, on pizza with caramelized onions, in a casserole with bbq baked beans and baked potato slices.