I have been craving ambrosia in the worst way. Since it’s the 4th of July I wanted to go more Patriotic than the standard ambrosia route with pineapples, mandarin oranges and cucka cherries. And I know some recipes call for heavy cream and sour cream but I wanted simple because I’m officially off for 4 days and want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible.
*GASP!* “WHAT??? You don’t want to be in the kitchen??? Are you ill??? But we NEED our recipes!”
LOL never fear and no I’m not sick. I just need a little down time. However I can’t leave you guys hanging for the 4th so here ya go.
This is my ode to the 4th of July with a twist on your typical Ambrosia – with a hint of chocolate.
“Say what? Chocolate in ambrosia??”
Yup 🙂 And it’s FANTABULOUS!
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 package instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 1/2 cups chopped strawberries, divided
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups ginger snaps, broken into pieces, divided
- In a bowl gently fold the pudding mix into the Cool Whip.
- Add in 2 cups marshmallows and coconut and gently mix in.
- Add in 1/2 cup each of the blueberries and strawberries.
- Gently mix in.
- In a large bowl, add in a third of the cool whip mixture, followed by a third of the blueberries, a third of third of the remaining cup of marshmallows, a third of the strawberries and a third of the gingersnaps.
- Repeat the layers.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.