I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with my Gluten Free Panko Breadcrumbs!
Whether you’re 5 or 75, you will LOVE these crispy, crunchy super moist chicken strips! They are perfect for lunch, dinner, snacks, on the go or because it’s Wednesday!
LOOK at that coating on them!
I mean seriously, don’t they just SCREAM crunch?!
When I bit into my first one (of about 472 strips) the chicken was so moist and tender. It was positively perfect! I just left these with a simple salt and pepper but you could go 9 million ways on seasonings. I can’t wait to make these BBQ style!
I NEED these in my life like right now…
so with that, I’m off to the kitchen to make sa’mo for me 🙂Print
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Panko , divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2” thick strips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4–1/2 cup Olive oil
- In a food processor grind 3/4 cup of the Panko until it’s a powder.
- Place ground panko, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl and gently mix.
- Beat eggs in a second shallow bowl.
- Combine remaining panko and parmesan in a third shallow bowl.
- Set up an assembly line and dredge the chicken in the ground panko, shaking off any excess.
- Transfer to the beaten egg and turn to coat. You want the flour to be covered in eggs.
- Allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the chicken in the panko parmesan mixture and coat evenly. Press to adhere.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large heavy skillet or a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, cook the chicken until golden brown ~4-6 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden brown. ~4 minutes.
- Transfer to the cooling rack on the pan.
- Add more oil if needed and repeat until all the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce