As mentioned in another post, Mr. Fantabulous is on this SUPER banana split kick right now. Like we’re talking EVERY NIGHT kick! We already tackled the hot fudge and the pineapple topping, now it was on to the third of the trio – strawberry sauce.
She’s pretty, isn’t she?
Now I could have gone with regular strawberry sauce however the additional of literally 1 single vanilla bean took this from awesome to FAN-FRIGGEN-TASTIC!
This sauce/topping is so just delicious! It’s not too thick, not too thin. It’s perfect! It’s not like those jarred stuff you buy in the stores all chocked full of preservatives and stuff. This is made literally with 4 ingredients, all natural and is a bajillion times better tasting!
Now what I think I loved almost as much as eating it was making it. Why? It’s unbelievably simple and fast!
If you wanted to take it a step further, make a big batch of this sauce and then can it using the water bath method. Put some pretty labels on it, maybe a ribbon and give them away as gifts! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE getting something like this in a little basket! Just think how may people’s day you would make if you gave them a jar of this heaven sauce!
Now if you don’t mind, all these pictures have my mouth watering! I’m thinking there is some vanilla bean ice cream and this topping with my name on it in my VERY near future!Print
Strawberry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Topping
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 3 cups frozen whole strawberries (or fresh, hulled)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat add in the strawberries, sugar and vanilla bean pod and seeds.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce thickens; stirring occasionally.
- If the mixture starts to foam, add in the butter and stir.
- Remove vanilla bean and discard.
- Pour all but 1/3 cup into a bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, puree.
- Pour this back with the remaining 1/3 cup.
- Allow to slightly cool.
- Pour into a glass jar and cover.
- Store in the refrigerator or follow a water bath canning method to jar and save for gifts… or all for yourself!
Leave a Comment & Review