Remember me showing you a while back how to make those amazing Crock Pot Pork Carnitas???
Yep, I stuffed them peppers full of the meat, plus some other yummy stuff!
Honestly I’m not sure what I loved better.Print
Did you make this recipe?Leave a review
- 6 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow), tops cut off and seeds removed
- 3 cups Cooked Quinoa (preferably cooked in pork or vegetable stock)
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups cooked shredded pork carnita meat
- 1 large tomato cut in small chunks
- 1/2 cup onions, cut small
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Syntrax Medical Unflavored Protein Powder
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle.
- Lightly spray a glass or ceramic baking dish (must have 2” sides).
- In a bowl add the cooked quinoa, Protein Powder, shredded pork carnita meat, tomato, onions, tomato paste, tomato puree, salt, pepper and 2 cups of cheese.
- Mix to combine.
- Add in the egg and mix to blend.
- Using a spoon fill each pepper with the mixture and mound it 1/2” towards the center.
- Measure out a piece of tin foil that will cover the peppers but try not to let it touch the tops.
- Spray the side of the foil that will be closest to the pepper and then cover them trying to tent it.
- Be sure to crimp the foil around the sides of your pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove the foil and pierce the pepper with a knife. It should be soft but have some give.
- Top the peppers with the remaining cup of cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.