Remember me showing you a while back how to make those amazing Crock Pot Pork Carnitas???
Lookie what I did with some of the meat, some protein packed quinoa, spices and help from SI03 and their AMAZING Syntrax Protein Powders!
Yep, I stuffed them peppers full of the meat, plus some other yummy stuff!
Honestly I’m not sure what I loved better.
Plus the best part of these… They are high in protein thanks to the addition of SI03’s AMAZING Syntrax Protein Powders!Print
Protein Packed Quinoa Pork Carnitas Stuffed Peppers
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
Did you make this recipe?Leave a review
- 6 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow), tops cut off and seeds removed
- 3 cups Cooked Quinoa (preferably cooked in pork or vegetable stock)
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups cooked shredded pork carnita meat
- 1 large tomato cut in small chunks
- 1/2 cup onions, cut small
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Syntrax Medical Unflavored Protein Powder
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle.
- Lightly spray a glass or ceramic baking dish (must have 2” sides).
- In a bowl add the cooked quinoa, Protein Powder, shredded pork carnita meat, tomato, onions, tomato paste, tomato puree, salt, pepper and 2 cups of cheese.
- Mix to combine.
- Add in the egg and mix to blend.
- Using a spoon fill each pepper with the mixture and mound it 1/2” towards the center.
- Measure out a piece of tin foil that will cover the peppers but try not to let it touch the tops.
- Spray the side of the foil that will be closest to the pepper and then cover them trying to tent it.
- Be sure to crimp the foil around the sides of your pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove the foil and pierce the pepper with a knife. It should be soft but have some give.
- Top the peppers with the remaining cup of cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Leave a Comment & Review