With the holidays just around the corner I get an extreme number of requests for simple but fancy schmancy desserts people can serve. They want something beautiful and delicious but also easy.
Now ever since I posted my Cheesecake Filled Chocolate Covered Strawberries a bajillion years ago I wanted to share another version of this for the Adults. These Irish Cream Cheesecake filled strawberries fit the bill perfectly!
They are truly elegant but simple to make.
They impress easily without being arrogant. They taste awesome without being overpowering from the booze. Yes, there is such a thing as food having too much alcohol in it! As crazy as it sounds it’s true.
The hardest thing about making these is the waiting time for the cheesecake part to set up. But in the end, it’s worth it. These look absolutely GORGEOUS on a holiday buffet table and surely are the first things to go. However as a courtesy to your guests (and kids) I would suggest putting a note card beside it telling people that it has alcohol in it. Since the mixture isn’t cooked, the alcohol doesn’t burn off.
I’ve made these countless times and they are always the first to go. They are just pretty. Yes “Pretty Food”. LOL There’s always an “OHHHHHH!!!” factor that comes with big fat juicy strawberries that are filled with stuff. Now with these you can also dip them in chocolate (do it before you stuff ’em) but since I put chocolate in the cheesecake mix, I opted not to.Print
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 4 tsp gelatin
- 2 8 ounce bricks cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate shavings
- 1–2 pounds of strawberries *depends on the size of berries
- In a bowl mix together the Bailey’s and gelatin.
- In a bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to a bowl and store in the fridge.
- In a clean bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals the Bailey’s. ~about 45 seconds to a minute until the gelatin is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Whisk together. Allow to cool slightly.
- Strain the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Core the strawberries and hull out the insides.
- Place the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag and fill the strawberries with the mixture.
- Top with shaved chocolate if desired.
- Keep cold.
As mentioned you could dip these in chocolate before you fill them.