So do you remember my sharing with you the most FANTABULOUS marmalade recipe EVER that was totally unexpected flavor-wise? I’m talking about my Smoky Tomato Bacon Marmalade. Well even though fresh tomatoes aren’t in season I still make this. I am seriously addicted to this stuff! I’ve used it as a pizza sauce, in pasta, as a condiment, with eggs — seriously this over hashbrowns and scrambled eggs are pure heaven!
Well I wanted to see what I could do with it appetizer-wise. Since I went the appetizer route it was only befitting that I go with some type of slider only I didn’t want that many carbs thus I went with the crackers however you could most certainly go with slider buns.
What I loved about these is that they cooked up in no time and were seriously SUPER delicious! Plus dude, seriously.. bacon infused IN THE BURGER! #baconislove! If you’re having a Christmas party these are a MUST-MAKE! You can whip up a whole batch of the burgers themselves and then minutes before you’re ready to serve, pop ’em in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese and you’re set! I bet Santa would love ’em cause you know, Santa loves bacon… he told me so!
- White Cheddar Cheese cut into small cubes
- Smoky Tomato Bacon Marmalade
- 1lb ground beef (80/20 ratio)
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- Preheat oven to 425F, rack in the middle.
- Place the bacon in a food processor and pulse until it looks like ground beef.
- Place the ground bacon in a large mixing bowl with the beef, Worcestershire and Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Mix until just combined. You do not want to overmix the meat.
- Grab about 2 tablespoon of the mixture and form into small patties – pretty much the size of your cracker.
- Preheat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drizzle just a trace bit of olive oil in the pan.
- Place the patties in the pan and do not move for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip when the bottom has a caramelized brown crust.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes (or until desired done-ness).
- Place your crackers on a parchment lined pan.
- Top each cracker with a half teaspoon of the marmalade, a burger and a piece of cheese.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Alternatively you can broil these to melt the cheese faster.
- Remove from the oven and top with additional marmalade.
- Serve immediately.