This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackBrighter #CollectiveBias
Oh hello Pittsburgh Summer and its 893% humidity. So for those of you that aren’t familiar with Pittsburgh Summers let me give it to you straight – they pretty much happen overnight (i.e., we skip Spring), they are hot but 85-92F is bearable BUT, yes but they are laden with rain and or severe humidity. In a nut shell, it’s pretty terrible HOWEVER that’s pretty much the only negative thing about this city. I’m a ‘burgh girl and love it. I love the food, the people, the hometown pride. Now if I could just take Scottsdale, Arizona’s weather and bring it here I’d be set.
When the great folks from Outshine reached out to me to create something delicious and innovative featuring their Outshine Strawberry Yogurt bars I was pumped. Have you tried them yet? Okay seriously you need to stop reading this, head to Walmart and pick up a box of them. While you’re there grab another box of their other flavors! Did you know that for more than 20 years, they’ve been making delicious fruit bars out of ingredients like sweet strawberries, ripe mangoes and juicy peaches? I know, right! That’s awesome! Today, America’s favorite fruit bar also offers an array of refreshing products like Fruit & Veggie, Coconut Waters™ and Simply Yogurt Bars.
And check this out! Get ready for your chance to win a $5,000 backyard refresh from Outshine® plus hundreds of daily summertime prizes you could win instantly. Text “Snack Brighter” to 30364, or enter at http://cbi.as/8vdq! Seriously that’s awesome!!! Definitely enter today! But wait, there’s more (in her oh-so-terrible infomercial voice) Walmart will be having in-store demos during the weekends of 5/21 and 7/14! For more details check out more details here!
This is one of those summer treats that you’ll be making over and over because it’s SO GOOD and it’s SO EASY to make! Plus you can mix up the flavors as much as you want. Don’t like white chocolate? Go with milk chocolate and fresh blueberries and blueberry yogurt bars!. Want dark chocolate? How about dark chocolate with raspberries and these amazing yogurt bars?! How do I know these flavors go so well together? I made all 3! I had only planned on making the one you see below but honestly we loved it SO MUCH that I had 2 more batches of other flavors. My freezer is packed with these delicious treats!
Now if you’ve not had these get in your car, head to your local Walmart and follow the signs to the Outshine bars! And make sure you grab a buggy (shopping cart for all of you non Pittsburgh people) because you’re going to want to stock up on flavors!.
Now this recipe could not be any easier. Just melt some chocolate, add in the frozen Outshine Simply Yogurt bars (cut them off the sticks) and stir until smooth and creamy. Add in some Greek yogurt and you have your base! As you can see I added fresh strawberries to this as well but since I wanted to kick up the flavor I added some chopped Outshine Strawberry Fruit bars to the mixture.
So okay the hardest thing about this whole recipe is the waiting. This takes a good 4-5 hours to freeze solid. Do not rush this and do not let it stay in the freezer uncovered for more than 6 hours (if it’s not frozen solid by then you may want to check your freezer temp).
What I love about these bars is that they contain:
♥ No GMO
♥ No artificial colors or flavors. Added colors from natural sources
♥ No high fructose corn syrup
AND OMG OMG OMG…!!! They are:
♥ Only 90 calories per bar!
PS: Outshine folks. I ♥ you!
So as you can see this looks creamy and dreamy and seriously loaded with strawberries. One thing you HAVE to remember is that this is a frozen treat which means you can’t be left out. Just like ice cream it melts, yes even with the chocolate in it, so you have to cut it fast and store it in the freezer. As soon as I was done cutting one I popped it into my mouth. Talk about dreamy and creamy! And WOW that Strawberry taste was incredible! I’m so happy I added their Fruit bars too! Did you know that Outshine’s Fruit bars are made with real fruit or fruit juice? That is such a big deal for me. AND AND AND they are only 60 calories a bar! I know, right?!
So with it being 873% humidity out where I live or 100+ where you live go make yourself a few batches of these and cool off while enjoying an effortless treat!Print
- 4 Outshine Strawberry Simply Yogurt Bars, rough chopped
- 1 frozen Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars, rough chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Line a 9×13” or quarter sheet metal pan with parchment paper leaving 1” overhang.
- Over a double boiler melt the white chocolate until smooth and creamy.
- When the chocolate is completely melted slowly add in pieces of the chopped Outshine Strawberry Simply Yogurt Bars. The mixture may seize but keep stirring as it will smooth out. Continue adding until all of the yogurt bars have been incorporated and melted in.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the greek yogurt. The mixture will be creamy, smooth and thick.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Working fast, top with chunks of the Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars and the chopped strawberries.
- Place the pan into the freezer (uncovered) lying flat and freeze until solid. ~4-5 hours.
- Once solid, remove the pan from the freezer and working quickly, use a sharp knife and chop into small portions.
- Store in a freezer-safe container.
Get your Summer YUM on!