Step up your pizza game with this gourmet COLEMAN ORGANIC® Apple Chicken Sausage Pizza with Goat Cheese, Pecans and Roasted Tomato Sauce!
Let’s get real here. Pizza should be it’s own food group, period. It’s one of the most versatile dishes that transcends cultures across the globe. Pretty much anything can be turned into a pizza. Spaghetti & meatballs pizza? Yep, did that already! Thai chicken and crispy veggies pizza? Yep – did that too. Breakfast pizza – seriously, do you not know who you’re talking with here? lol This pizza quickly become one of my top favorite pizzas. It’s truly gourmet because yes, even I get tired of plain ol’ pepperoni or cheese pizzas. When the great folks from COLEMAN NATURAL FOODS® wanted me to create something truly spectacular with some of their products I knew I had to step it up and give you something that is not only mouth-watering but also easy!
What I love about COLEMAN NATURAL FOODS® is that this company has stood the test of time. They’ve been pioneering the way since 1875 on what truly belongs in a quality product. They believe in saying “NO” as a good thing. Meaning if you read their product labels, you’re not going see a bunch of words you pretty much need a college degree to pronounce or understand. You get real ingredients without antibiotics, hormones or steroids added. COLEMAN ORGANIC® products are raised with NO Antibiotics Ever, No Hormones or Steroids Added*, No Animal By-Products, fed ALL Vegetarian Feed and use only Non-GMO‡. (*Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones or steroids in pork and poultry. ‡The USDA organic regulations do not permit the use of GMOs). THANK YOU!
COLEMAN ORGANIC®offers a complete line of organic meats such as chicken sausages, chicken hot dogs, breaded chicken breast nuggets, tenders, and strips, chicken meatballs, and fresh chicken. I’ll be honest I had a hard time choosing what to use. But the Apple Chicken Sausage kept calling my name. These sausages were already cooked which meant less time in the kitchen making food and more time for me and my family! Check out where to buy COLEMAN NATURAL FOODS®
And while you’re at it, check out their site for recipes, coupons and promotions for COLEMAN NATURAL FOODS®
With this recipe you can take a few short cuts – you can buy store made pizza dough or make my super simple pizza dough recipe! Next for the sauce, while I prefer the roasted tomato sauce, you can easily use any regular pizza sauce. The only short cut you cannot take is not using COLEMAN ORGANIC® Apple Chicken Sausage! It is absolutely essential for the deliciousness of this recipe!
With the kids going back to school, our routines are changing and schedules will be getting even more hectic. This recipe affords you to still feed your family a delicious meal in about 30 minutes. Plus, it’s made with ingredients that are real – dough, apples, tomatoes, cheese and COLEMAN ORGANIC® Apple Chicken Sausage. Again, all ingredients you can pronounce with no added surprises!
COLEMAN NATURAL FOODS® is a company that not only cares about the products they produce but also about the animals they raise and a strong commitment from their farmers. Their family farmers are committed to making sure that the meats they raise are healthy, pure, and wholesome. To them it’s not just a job, but rather also a promise. A promise to provide premium chicken and no-antibiotics-ever poultry, pork, turkey and beef products.
Let’s talk about the animals that are used in creating these amazing products. If I could sum it up in one word it would be Dedication. They are dedicated to do what’s right and caring for their animals. From their Pork Program to their Chicken Animal Welfare Standards, while raising these animals they say “NO” to anything that isn’t right for them or to the families they serve. It’s not always the easiest way or the least cost-effective but it’s the right thing to do. They are dedicated to doing better for the animals and ultimately for the planet which results in great-tasting products for you and I.
Bottom line, COLEMAN NATURAL FOODS® is a company with a conscience and a heart; a rarity these days and one that earned my respect!
And what will earn you respect – making this pizza *grin* But be forewarned… you will get asked to make this OFTEN so when you make this, maybe plan on making a couple!
The roasted tomato sauce pairs so beautifully with the COLEMAN ORGANIC® Apple Chicken Sausage. The sausage has a mild sweet taste, that with the acidity of the tomato sauce gives you such a great balance of flavors. To kick it up a notch I decided to go with crumbled goat cheese (yes me, the girl who hated goat cheese for years but has soon come to like it when paired with certain items – i.e., this pizza!), sliced granny smith apples for that extra bit of flavor and chopped pecans. You could totally go with walnuts if you want, but I am not a huge fan of walnuts so I tend to use pecans instead.
To finish it off, add a bit more flavor as well as color with some micro-greens. If you want, you could also drizzle over balsamic reduction. I tried it both ways and honestly, either way is perfectly delicious! Now normally when you buy sausage it takes a while to cook as you need to ensure that it’s cooked all the way through. Well the beauty of these COLEMAN ORGANIC® Apple Chicken Sausages is that they are already cooked!!! Which means all I had to do was slice and toss on the pizza. The 8-10 minutes while the pizza is cooking is enough time to re-heat the sausage perfectly!
That first bite of the pizza truly blew me away. Honestly. I have this knack/talent/esp whatever you call it when it comes to creating a recipe. I tend to plan it all out in my head down to how I think the flavors will meld together. And the majority of the time I’m spot on. Oh sure I’ve been dead wrong a few times (i.e., my attempt to make a mulberry cheesecake. FYI.. never EVER try this!). But there are those times when I even shock myself with how much depth of flavor I’ll end up with.
This pizza has so many complex flavors that come together in each bite. It’s as if all the ingredients are part of a band and while each are good on their own, when they all play together you’re exposed to a true symphony! A symphony of flavors is what you’re getting here!
This post is sponsored by the amazing folks from COLEMAN NATURAL FOODS®. As always, all opinions my own. Thank you for supporting partnerships with brands I trust and believe in.Print
- 2 pounds pre-made pizza dough or 1 batch Best Pizza Dough divided into 2 balls
- 1 package COLEMAN ORGANIC® Apple Chicken Sausage, cut into 1/4” slices
- 14–16 campari tomatoes, sliced into 1/2” slices
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbl sugar
- 2 Tbl fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced thin
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 425F, rack in the middle. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Place the tomatoes, garlic, onions on the tray. Mix together the olive oil, salt, and pepper and pour over the tomatoes and onions. Roast for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and the onions have started to char slightly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn the oven up to 475F. As the oven is heating up, pour all of the ingredients (oil too), into a food processor and pulse until combined. Add in the basil, oregano and sugar. Taste for seasoning.
- Lightly flour your clean counter and stretch out one of your dough balls into a 10-12” round circle. Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If need be, reshape to make a circle. If your oven can fit 2 sheet pans side by side then make both pizzas at once. If not, make the second one after the first one is done.
- Ladle on as little or as much sauce as you like (I tend to go with 6-7 ounces on a 10” pizza) spreading it out almost to the end (leaving a 1/2” border). Next add half of the sliced apples, half of the sliced COLEMAN ORGANIC® Apple Chicken Sausages, half of the goat cheese crumbles, and half of the pecans. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the edges feel crusty.
- Remove the pan from the oven and slide the pizza onto a cutting board. Cut the pizza and garnish with microgreens. If desired drizzle with a balsamic glaze or some chili oil
Keywords: pizza, organic, party food, snacks, pizza night, real ingredients