These Weekly Menu recipes allow you to get out of that same ol’ recipe rut and try some delicious and easy dishes! This week I highly recommend making Classic Hot Tuna Noodle Casserole with Cracker Topping, Sweet Potato Chipotle Veggie Lettuce Cups, and Spaghetti Squash Cheese Pizza!
Happy Sunday TKW Family and Happy New Year! 2022 already?! It’s surreal to be honest when you think about it. We’re living in “the future”. When I was little I used to imagine what it would be like living in 2020 and above. Flying cars, aliens among us, Jetsons-style kitchens, and robots in every household.
Was your New Year’s Eve rockin’?
Ours was interesting, to say the least. The day prior my broiler element went on my oven. We took it out to test for continuity and sure enough, it was dead. I ordered a new one but it wasn’t going to be in until January 10th. Now when the broiler element is out of the oven, you can’t use the oven itself. Now we could have put it back in but it was a pain to remove so we left it out.
This meant I had to get creative when making our New Year’s pork and sauerkraut plus the NY pretzel. The pork roast I seared in my cast aluminum crockpot and then cooked it on low or about 8 hours with the kraut and kielbasa. For the pretzel, I had to divide the dough into 3 trays and bake 3 smaller ones in my Breville Smart Toaster oven. Seriously, if you are looking to get a new countertop oven, I HIGHLY recommend this one! It’s THE BEST EVER!
We stayed in our PJs all day, watched tv, relaxed, and then ate our dinner at midnight just like Mom did.
Have you seen the feature of Reels on Instagram and Facebook? They are anywhere from 15 seconds to 60 seconds little videos of content. I’ve been posting them on Instagram for quite some time now but have recently started to post some on Facebook too. If you get a chance, check them out! While you’re there, please give me a follow!
- Pepperoni & Buratta Pizza on the Big Green Egg – Facebook
- Cast Iron Pizza on the Big Green Egg – Facebook and Instagram
- Christmas Tree Pizza – Facebook and Instagram
- Nashville Hot Chicken & Potato kebobs – Instagram
- Instant Pot Pulled Mexican Chicken – Facebook
TKW On YouTube
As I mention every Sunday, I have a YouTube channel. I’d LOVE and appreciate it if you subscribed there. I’m brand spanking new there and with the millions of TKW Family members out there, I need to build up my subscription base there.
Not only am I creating videos for my newer recipes but I’m also going back and creating them for my most popular recipes.
Since I have 1000+ recipes posted, it’ll take me a little bit to get them all done but I’ll get there.
My goal is to do more longer-type 10-15 minute cooking videos where I talk to you while cooking – think TV show but candid.
Candid in the sense of – I scrape the whole bowl out (no, we don’t waste stuff in my house), I’ll get batter on my face, flour on my chest, and laugh at myself because I dropped/tripped/or just messed up what I was trying to say.
You’ll get me as me – true authentic Lori
Did you make a recipe? Leave a blog comment!
So why do I ask this? Two reasons:
- Honest feedback is appreciated. It helps me learn and grow.
- Most folks read the comments first before they decide on making a recipe or not.
We all visit blogs looking for delicious items and inspiration. What I find (and you should as well) the MOST USEFUL thing is the comments that people leave. Honest feedback, good or bad but respectful please, on a recipe.
You can give suggestions on what you’d tweak or a spin you put on it. Heck or just tell me that you loved it! Like how to make vegan, keto, or not use mushrooms.
This is how I grow and become better on here and it gives you guys real feedback. The absolute most critical thing you can do for me is to leave a comment on the blog recipe post.
When I look at someone else’s recipe I read the comments as to me, that’s honest feedback. So when you make a recipe of mine or plan on making it, leave a comment on the post. I, and everyone else that goes to my site, truly would appreciate it!
Highlighted Recipes of the week!
Recipes that are tried and true but ones that you may have forgotten about.
- Oven Roasted Spaghetti Squash– Learn how to perfectly oven roast a spaghetti squash or, if you’re short on time, make it in the instant pot! Perfect for those no-carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free meals when you want a pasta-like noodle!
- 10 Minute Chicken Barbacoa– Just 10 minutes and a pressure cooker is all you need to make this SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS Barbacoa Chicken! It’s the perfect meal for weekly meal prep and when you want a killer nacho topping!
- Creole Shrimp Nachos- Let the good times roll with these amazingly delicious nachos!
- Turkey & Veggie Smash Balls These turkey & veggie smashballs are the latest food craze – super tender, packed with flavor, and mouth-wateringly delicious! Whip up some today!
- Crunchy Baked Fish Sticks – These crispy crunchy fish sticks are super easy, baked so they are healthy AND seriously delicious! Whether you are a little kid or a big kid, you’ll fall in love with these! High in protein and low in fat, since they are baked to crispy perfection, these fish sticks are a must-make!
- Italian Roasted Tomato Crostini– This Italian Roasted Tomato Crostini is light but packed with so much flavor! Caramelized tomatoes with fresh basil, herbed cheese spread, and fresh basil make this the perfect appetizer!
Weekly Dinner Menu – What to cook this week
With that guys, I’m getting this off to you all. Stay tuned for your newsletter AND your bonus recipe! Have one fantabulously amazing day!
Below I’ve put together some easy and delicious meal prep recipes that can help with dinner or lunch for the week. Plus dessert as well, you always have to have dessert! Is your favorite recipe listed below?
With that, have one fantabulously amazing week!
♥ Monday – Chunky Portabella Mushroom Veggie Burgers
♥ Tuesday – Sheet Pan Lemon Dijon Salmon & Veggies
♥ Wednesday –Mexican Veggie Rice Bowls
♥ Thursday – Skinny Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
♥ Friday –Spaghetti Squash Cheese Pizza
♥ Saturday –Sweet Potato Chipotle Veggie Lettuce Cups
♥ Sunday – Classic Hot Tuna Noodle Casserole with Cracker Topping
♥ Dessert of the week –Skinny Crispy Coconut Chip Cookies