These Weekly Menu recipes allow you to get out of that same ol’ recipe rut and try some delicious and easy dishes! This week I highly recommend making Slow Cooker Eye of Round, Chunky Portabella Italian Parmesan Veggie Burgers, and St. Louis Ribs with Whiskey BBQ Sauce!
Happy Monday TKW Family! How was last week for you? How about the weekend? Do anything fun? Ours was quite an experience. So… I’ve been without an oven for about 2 weeks due to the part to repair it not being in stock. This is a huge hit when you’re Chef. However, I managed and even was able to focus on some other recipes that didn’t involve the oven.
Lake… big lake!
Yep, I totally channeled my inner Sixteen Candles movie fan right there. This house came with a front load washer which in all intensive purposes, washes fantastically. HOWEVER… it is a PITA to take care of. After every wash you have to wipe out the seals inside as not all of the water drains out and then clean the gunk out of the holes in the seals. If you don’t, it smells really bad and can mold. And you also have to empty the drain tube (which drains out about 2-3 cups of water each) after every wash and clean the filter. It’s a HUGE pain, to be honest.
Well, Sunday I was having friends over for a pot roast dinner. While I was cooking I threw a load of wash in. About 30 minutes later I went back to the kitchen to grab something to only notice that I had a lake in front of my oven. At first, I thought the pot roast had overflowed with beef juice but the water was clear with suds…
Then I looked down the hallway to the laundry and saw an even bigger lake. Apparently, that drain tube cap popped off and spewed ALL of the washing machine liquid (and soap) onto the floor. Folks I about lost it. After pulling both the washer and dryer out, mopping up the floors (which took an hour), and reconnecting everything we were left with a clean floor. The only good thing (if there is such a thing) is that our floors are travertine and not carpeting AND we got it cleaned up fast. But OMG talk about a PITA.
For details about the inside seals and the drain tube on the front load washers, you can see this Facebook post about it. There I have an image and video to show where this all is. Honestly, I don’t know if I’d ever get a front load washer because of all of the work I have to do to keep it dry and mold-free. Not to mention the huge inconvenience of having to drain it out.
Have you seen the feature of Reels on Instagram and Facebook? They are anywhere from 15 seconds to 60 seconds little videos of content. I’ve been posting them on Instagram for quite some time now but have recently started to post some on Facebook too. If you get a chance, check them out! While you’re there, please give me a follow!
- Pepperoni & Buratta Pizza on the Big Green Egg – Facebook
- Cast Iron Pizza on the Big Green Egg – Facebook and Instagram
- Christmas Tree Pizza – Facebook and Instagram
- Nashville Hot Chicken & Potato kebobs – Instagram
- Instant Pot Pulled Mexican Chicken – Facebook
TKW On YouTube
As I mention every Sunday, I have a YouTube channel. I’d LOVE and appreciate it if you subscribed there. I’m brand spanking new there and with the millions of TKW Family members out there, I need to build up my subscription base there.
Not only am I creating videos for my newer recipes but I’m also going back and creating them for my most popular recipes.
Since I have 1000+ recipes posted, it’ll take me a little bit to get them all done but I’ll get there.
My goal is to do more longer-type 10-15 minute cooking videos where I talk to you while cooking – think TV show but candid.
Candid in the sense of – I scrape the whole bowl out (no, we don’t waste stuff in my house), I’ll get batter on my face, flour on my chest, and laugh at myself because I dropped/tripped/or just messed up what I was trying to say.
You’ll get me as me – true authentic Lori
Did you make a recipe? Leave a blog comment!
So why do I ask this? Two reasons:
- Honest feedback is appreciated. It helps me learn and grow.
- Most folks read the comments first before they decide on making a recipe or not.
We all visit blogs looking for delicious items and inspiration. What I find (and you should as well) the MOST USEFUL thing is the comments that people leave. Honest feedback, good or bad but respectful please, on a recipe.
You can give suggestions on what you’d tweak or a spin you put on it. Heck or just tell me that you loved it! Like how to make vegan, keto, or not use mushrooms.
This is how I grow and become better on here and it gives you guys real feedback. The absolute most critical thing you can do for me is to leave a comment on the blog recipe post.
When I look at someone else’s recipe I read the comments as to me, that’s honest feedback. So when you make a recipe of mine or plan on making it, leave a comment on the post. I, and everyone else that goes to my site, truly would appreciate it!
Highlighted Recipes of the week!
Recipes that are tried and true but ones that you may have forgotten about.
- Cheesy Garlic Bread Spaghetti Bread Boats– Cheesy Garlic Bread Spaghetti Bread Boats are the perfect way to use up leftover spaghetti. Nothing beats pasta stuffed cheesy garlic bread!
- Thai-Style Peanut Chicken Flatbread Pizza–All the amazing flavors of delicious Thai Peanut Chicken transformed into the best flatbread pizza topped with sesame slaw, spicy peanut sauce, and roasted peanuts!
- One Minute Steamed Cauliflower- Grab your favorite pressure cooker and whip up healthy and delicious steamed cauliflower in just one minute under pressure! Enjoy this low-carb healthy vegetable made in no time!
- Rustic Creamy Corn and Potato Soup For those chilly days when you want a delicious, hearty soup that warms you from the inside out this soup is for you! It’s like a hug in a bowl!
- Herb Roasted Whole Garlic– Give your dishes an incredible chef-inspired depth of flavor by adding herbed roasted garlic cloves. Buttery, sweet, melt-in-your-mouth garlic deliciousness that is perfect for dips, sauces, meats, pizza, and as a spread. Plus it’s SUPER EASY!
- Chicken Barbacoa Soft Tacos– These Mission® Super Soft Flour Tortillas filled with Mexican spiced shredded chicken, crumbled Cotija, shaved radishes, cilantro, chopped tomatoes, and lime crema are certain to become a family favorite!
Weekly Dinner Menu – What to cook this week
With that guys, I’m getting this off to you all. Stay tuned for your newsletter AND your bonus recipe! Have one fantabulously amazing day!
Below I’ve put together some easy and delicious meal prep recipes that can help with dinner or lunch for the week. Plus dessert as well, you always have to have dessert! Is your favorite recipe listed below?
With that, have one fantabulously amazing week!
♥ Monday – Chunky Portabella Italian Parmesan Veggie Burgers
♥ Tuesday – Coconut Panko Crusted Baked Tilapia (or any white fish)
♥ Wednesday –Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
♥ Thursday – St. Louis Ribs with Whiskey BBQ Sauce
♥ Friday –Grilled Flatbread Ham & Cheese Hoagie Pizza
♥ Saturday –Slow Cooker Eye of Round
♥ Sunday – Crispy Chicken Parmesan
♥ Dessert of the week –Strawberry Madeleine Trifle