The creamiest, most decadent frosting to ever grace your spoon! Spread it on cakes, cupcakes, cookies, or as a sweet dip for pretzels!
I’m a HUGE fan of salty-sweet desserts. As a kid, I’d prefer my cake plain (no frosting) and have the frosting on the side where I would dip pretzel rods in. Just like candied bacon, chocolate-covered potato chips – salty sweet is the type of dessert I crave.
Gather the ingredients
This recipe makes a lot of frosting which can easily handle a layered cake, a few dozen cookies or cupcakes, or one killer pretzel dip!
This recipe uses pantry and fridge staples:
- Dairy – softened cream cheese and mascarpone (You can use all cream cheese if you wish), softened butter
- Pantry – Confectioners’ sugar, Vanilla Paste, and melted (cooled) white chocolate
Make the Frosting
- To a bowl, add softened cream cheese, mascarpone, and butter. Beat until light and creamy
- Add in the Vanilla Paste, and white chocolate, and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the confectioners’ sugar and slowly mix until all are combined. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides to ensure everything is well blended.
Just look at those vanilla bean flecks!
There’s just something magical about seeing those flecks!
Cover the frosting bowl and place it in the fridge to firm up slightly.
Ways to use
As I mentioned above, I LOVE this with pretzels or other salty snacks dipped in it. This, some pretzels, and a great movie make the perfect treat for movie night! Other ways are these 2 cookie recipes!
Coming soon – Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza!
- 2 cups/ 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (If you’re not using mascarpone, use 20 ounces of cream cheese)
- 1 cup/ 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1/2 cup / 113.47g butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 Tablespoon/ 12.6g Vanilla Paste
- 3 cups/ 1375g confectioners’ sugar
- 8 ounces melted white chocolate, chilled
- To a bowl whip together the cream cheese, mascarpone, and butter until light and fluffy. Add in the Vanilla Paste and white chocolate mixing it until combined. Add in the confectioners’ sugar and slowly beat in until smooth and creamy. Be sure to scrape down the sides. Cover and place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to firm up slightly before using.
Keywords: White Chocolate Cheesecake Frosting, cheesecake spread, pretzel dip, cupcake frosting, cake icing, frosting