Better than restaurant quality New York Strip Steaks…

So juicy. So tender. So AMAZING! Go get your forks for this!

So as you all know there is this on-going bbq battle in my house – going on what 3, maybe 4 years now.  I’ve finally given up on getting a new one.. for now.  While it’s a nice-to-have-a-new-one it’s not a necessity for me.  Almost everything you make on a bbq, I can make either on the indoor grill (word to the wise, make sure you have a great exhaust fan) or oven.  From my baked corn and baked sweet potato to baked russets I’ve got a good grip on making it just as fabulous, if not more, indoors.  Well the one thing that always besieged me was steaks.  Oh how I truly love a fat juicy steak (with ketchup…  yes with ketchup!  SHUT IT, don’t judge!  I like ketchup!) sadly the steak doesn’t like me. My stomach says “OH HELL NO!”… that’s all I’m gonna say ’bout that.

Now Mr. Fantabulous loves his steak!  He’s a true carnivore.  Now I always thought an amazing steak could only be had via a grill of sorts.  I tried in the past, numerous times, trying to make it indoors but it never EVER worked out. It was either tough as shoe leather, raw or I would end up smoking us out of the house using the indoor grill.  Okay truth be told, maybe I did make a a bit more smoke than normal (I figured if I kept smoking him out of the house that he’d get the hint and we’d go get a new bbq)… sigh.. he just turned on the big exhaust fan and helped fan out the rooms.  Oh gee.. thanks honey.  Damn it! :)

It wasn’t until I was watching Hell’s Kitchen a few ago did I actually pay attention while they were making steaks.  Pan seared then in the oven.  Hmmm… me thinks they were on to something :)

So that night, I stopped at our local butcher’s shop (God I seriously love the local butcher type store versus the commercial grocery meat department). I seasoned it, let it rest and then gave it a shot.  When I told Mr. Fantabulous what I was doing he said “um baby, make sure you have the exhaust fans on BEFORE you start cooking.”  LI swear if he wasn’t so damn hot I’d beat that man.  LOL

Well let me tell you what people.  This steak was perfect.  No, it was BEYOND PERFECTION!  I mean.. I would put this up against any restaurant steak.  It’s THAT good.

Now I did think maybe I got lucky but I’ve made this dish umpteen times since I first made it and it’s been perfection every single time.

5.0 from 55 reviews
Better than restaurant quality New York Strip Steaks...

Author:
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
Ingredients
  • 2 1-1 1/2” thick cuts New York Steak, fat trimmed
  • 1 Tbl Worcestershire
  • 1-2 Tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • 2 Tbl butter
  • 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
  • 1 Tbl Olive Oil
Instructions
  1. Pat the steaks dry.
  2. Add 1 1/2tsp Worcestershire to the one side.
  3. Add half of the seasoning and press down.
  4. Flip the steak and add the remaining Worcestershire and seasoning.
  5. All to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
  6. Preheat oven to 400f.
  7. Place a cast iron pan or stainless (oven safe) pan (NOT NON STICK!), over medium high heat.
  8. Drizzle the olive oil onto the steak and flip to get all sides coated.
  9. When the pan is super hot (add a few drops of water to it. If they dance around and evaporate almost immediately then you’re good!) add the steaks. DO NOT FLIP yet.
  10. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until a good crust forms.
  11. Flip over and immediately shut off the heat to the pan.
  12. Working fast add the sprigs of thyme and pats of butter on top.
  13. Put the pan into the oven.
  14. Cook per the 'doneness' in the Notes field.
  15. When done, remove the pan from the oven and plate the steak.
  16. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Notes
See below for times: Very Rare 4-5 minutes Rare 5-6 minutes Medium Rare 6-8 minutes Medium 7-10 minutes Well done Not Recommended

Add the oil, Worcestershire and seasonings then let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.

Pan searing for about 5 minutes

Pan Seared for ~ 5 minutes

Add your butter and thyme and pop it into your oven!

Better than a restaurant New York Strip!

Oh and yes, that was served with a perfectly baked sweet potato!

More deliciousness awaits...:

101 Responses to “Better than restaurant quality New York Strip Steaks…”

• sandy says:

I tried to click the link for the montreal steak seasoning that is part of your ny strip steak recipe… I don’t think the link is working properly as it gives me an error message.

• Monica says:

Wow! This was an excellent and super easy recipe! Thanks a million for helping me make the best steak I have ever been able to make at home. It was delicious and juicy. My son who is a super picky eater loved it! I had to substitute fresh basil from our garden instead of thyme. Next time I will have thyme ready to go. Thanks again for sharing this. :)

Monica,

Thank you so much! I absolutely LOVE your feedback. And that’s awesome that your son loved it too. If you don’t have thyme on hand you could go with rosemary but cut back on it as I, personally, find it really, REALLY strong.

• BSan says:

Probably the best indoor/oven baked steak I’ve had ever. I’ve tried a few different recipes but this by far is the best.

Thanks alot!!!

BSan,

Thank you so much! I think the hardest part out of all of this is just waiting for it to cook and cool so you can eat it!

• Patrick says:

The method is absolutely perfect. I had to make a few adjustments:

I used soy sauce instead of worcestershire because I didn’t have it, and the last bottle I had I needed to throw away due to lack of frequent use.

I used a spice blend called “cajun street” by a company called “urban accents” because I didn’t have the time or ingredients for the montreal blend, though I will try it the next time I order fennel seeds.

The steaks still came out absolutely delicious. I think it’s the method of surface marinade and quick crusting in a hot pan, along with finishing in the oven, but who cares. This is my new go-to recipe for steak cuts that are not filet mignon. Great results with a paper towel pat down, a salt based bath, spice crust, and then searing hot and fast and finishing in the oven.

My lady said it was great too and she is very discerning with my cooking!

Patrick,

Thank you and your lady so very much! I’m so happy to hear these came out perfect for you! This is the only way I will make a steak. Ohhhhhh I bet your spice blend was awesome! The salt in the montreal seasoning is what helps ‘tenderize’ the meat. It helps break the steak and allows it to become more tender. The fast crust sear helps contain the juices and then the bake in the oven completes the job.

• David says:

Thank you for this recipe. I have a 1 1/4 lb NYS I’m cooking tonight. In your “notes” directly after the recipe you have the times for “doneness”. These times reflect the amount of time they spend at the 400 degree temp… yes?

Hi David!

What time should I be there for dinner? *grin* Yes, the times in the notes reflect the times spent in the oven. Remember there is carryover cooking when meat is removed from the oven. Meaning it’ll cook another 5-10 degrees in temp. If you have a meat thermometer, this may help.

Rare
      Professional Kitchens (Before Resting): 115-120 degrees

Medium-Rare
      Professional Kitchens (Before Resting): 120 degrees to 130 degrees

Medium
      Professional Kitchens (Before Resting): 140 degrees

Medium-Well
      Professional Kitchens (Before Resting): 150 degrees

Well-Done
      Professional Kitchens (Before Resting): 155 degrees to 160 degrees

• wendy says:

Hi if I don’t have thyme can I use curly parley or cilantro that what I have on hand. Let me know thanks you.

Hi Wendy!

The cilantro wouldn’t go well with the steak with the seasonings. If you want use the parsley but as a compound butter. I would chop it up and then blend it with the butter. Let that chill and add the compound parsley butter to the steaks as I have in step 12.

• wendy says:

Thanks. The recipe came out great!

• wendy says:

Can I cook a ribeye steak the same way as this reciee?

• Mark says:

I’m trying this tonight. Much too cold up here in Canada to fire up the grill. This recipe looks absolutely delicious. I will be substituting the Montreal steak seasoning with The Keg steak spice.

Hey Mark!

Yeah it’s way too cold to fire up the grill and honestly I love this recipe! I’m working on a way to put a metal ‘smoker’ box in my oven for that wood-grilled flavor.

I’ve not had The Keg steak spice. Is that local to Canada?

• brianw says:

11. Flip over and immediately turn off the heat.

Turn off the 400* oven?

• Dubliner says:

I’m going to cook this now, but I believe they mean turn off the stove burner, add your butter and aromatics, then place pan&steak in the oven according to the time chart for required “done ness “

That’s weird as I know I commented back on this and even updated step 11 to say turn off the heat to the pan (the burner), not the oven.

Thanks for chiming in!

• Mark says:

Oh my god TKWAdmin, that turned out fantastic! Juicy juicy juicy. I must admit, that is the very best steak I have ever cooked (and I do enjoy cooking). Everything about this recipe is perfect, and I would recommend to others not to change anything at all. Served with a Caesar salad, onion rings, and rice a roni.
    As for The Keg, yes it’s a high end Canadian steakhouse chain and the spice is hard to find, but we have a local grocery store that carries it from time to time, so I usually stock up on it when it is there.
    Back to this amazing dinner, my wife and 3 kids absolutely loved it! Thanks for sharing this gem of a recipe. It’s a keeper for sure. Time to wind down, tune into a good hockey game, and call it a day. Once again, thanks for sharing this 5 star steak recipe

Mark I wish you could see my face right now as I have the BIGGEST smile on my face. Comments like yours are priceless and honestly touch my heart. And to hear that your wife and kids loved it too! You so made my night! So thank you!

And yum on the suggestions for the sides! Love me a great Caesar salad and onion rings! Next time I’m up in Niagara Falls I’ll look for that steak seasoning. I’d love to give it a try!

And it’s Lori by the way!

I’m so with you on the winding down and watching a great hockey game! Being from Pittsburgh I’m a football and hockey girl through and through!

Best Kitchen Wishes to you, your wife and your 3 kids!

• Jessi says:

This sounds great! I was looking at different cooking methods online and found some that were similar to this one. One of the recipes mentioned the amount of smoke this causes, both when searing in the pan and then baking in the oven. Is it your experience that this causes a ton of smoke? Thanks!

Hi Jessi,

The smoke wasn’t bad at all. I just kept my hood on and it was fine – nothing more than say the steam from boiling water. And I’ve never had smoke from the oven. If someone is getting smoke in the oven it means the pan was spilled or liquids touched the bottom of the oven.

I will only ever cook my steaks this way!

Best Kitchen Wishes and Happy New Year!

• Jessi says:

Thanks for the reply! I just bought a cast iron skillet last night and am excited to make steak and lobster tonight for New Year’s Eve! My husband makes the best steaks on the grill, but since the high here today is 2 degrees, there won’t be any grilling! I’m hoping to outdo him with this recipe!

• Michael says:

WOW!

This seems too good to be true, but it really is a fantastic way to cook steaks!

The hardest part is wanting to flip them too soon, but that crust is the BEST.

Thank you SO much – great!!!!

Hi Michael!

Thank you so much for your comments! That really means a lot to me. I agree about the crust. That makes the steak! I just made these the other night and every time I make it Mr. Fantabulous (my husband) is in awe that a steak ‘made on/in a stove’ is literally the very best steak he’s ever had.

• Christie Killian says:

OMG! Thank you for posting this amazing way to cook steak indoors. My fiancé and I are currently in the process of moving across country. I am here to sell our house in Minnesota while he is boating in NV! Anyways hard to cook for one & to cold to go out and start the grill LOL! This was perfect and the flavor was fantastic. I will for sure put this at the top of my most favorites!! Thank you again, God Bless.

Hi Christie!

Oh wow… big move! Best of luck with that! And thank you :) I’m thrilled that you loved this recipe! It’s so easy and the flavors are just amazing!

• Richard says:

Hi! I was thinking of doing this but with mozz and some marinara during the oven phase. Should I cook the steak fully first THEN melt the cheese and marinara, or put them on in the “butter rosemary” phase. I’m using different seasonings, but the method looks great. Any advice?

Hi Richard,

Oh that sounds yummy! I’m assuming if you’re going the Italian route you’re going to use basil? I would cook it fully first. While it’s cooking warm up the marinara. When the steak is done or just about done, ladle your marinara over top and put your mozzarella on. Cook in the oven no more than a minute as the sauce may burn due to the pan being so hot. Let me know how that turns out!

• Renee says:

Wow! The steaks were perfectly cooked and very flavorful! I will definitely be making my steaks this way in the future.
    Thanks!

Hi Renee!

That’s awesome! It’s so simple too especially in the middle of winter when it’s just too cold to go outside and grill!

Best Kitchen Wishes

• Rita says:

This was delicious! Perfect timing. I didn’t have any fresh herbs so I just added the butter to finish and it was so juicy and actually better then I’ve had at a restaurant in quite some time. No need to go out anymore for a great steak! thank you for the perfect steak !!

• Krystal says:

Hi there~ I have been very intimidated by the cooking process of meats; hesitant to even try since I am not too big of a meat eater myself. Finally got up the nerve and stumbled upon this recipe- THANK YOU~ for such a gem of a recipe. Totally comprehensive. I was done before my boyfriend could raise an eyebrow and I didn’t embarrass myself. :) Definitely joined my big handsome carnivore in enjoying the steak. Whoop whoop!

• Lindsey says:

If my steak is thinner than what you used would I sear it in the cast iron for less time? Or put it in the oven for less time? Or both?

• Melissa says:

I’m just wondering if this is going to smoke out my house? I tried something similar to this with a ribeye, and I thought someone was going to call the fire department.

• HHolbrook says:

Made strip steaks last night. Followed recipe exactly. Best I’ve ever made:). My family LOVED them!!! So happy but may have lost my chance for dinning out at steak houses in the near future. Thanks for taking the fear out of over cooking or serving undercooked steaks. I got this!

Yeah but knowing you can make BETTER steaks than in those steak houses is awesome plus it’s more quality family time and that is priceless!

Yeah you got this!

• Pearl Lind says:

Tried this with cheap steak sauce because I was out of Worchestershire.
    Still turned out great! Perfect pink, medium in the center. Delish!!!

• pearllind says:

Tried this with cheap steak sauce because I was out of Worchestershire.
    Still turned out great! Perfect pink, medium in the center. Delish!!!

• Jilly says:

Would this work with basil instead of.thyme? If so, soul you use whole leaves or chopped? I appreciate your advice! Very excited for tonight’s dinner!

Hi Jilly

You can use basil though if you have fresh rosemary I’d go with that instead. Basil is good on steak but for me the best flavor is with Thyme then rosemary. Basil would be my 3rd choice. I would leave the leaves whole as well. You never want to take a knife to fresh basil. You want to tear the leaves as it is to prevent oxidation happening. The steel of a knife oxidises and turns the cut edge black.

Let me know what you end up going with!

• Jilly says:

I went with basil only because that’s what I had on hand and couldn’t bear going to the store in the frigid cold. it was amazing! I can’t wait to try it with thyme or rosemary. My husband said “write down what you did and don’t mess with it, this was perfect!” Thanks so much for a great meal! For some reason I can’t click on the rating stars, but it’s definitely a 5 star steak recipe!

That is awesome!!! Thank you so much! If you like pork chops, try my recipe on here for Circle B Ranch Pork Chops with a Peach Bourbon Honey Basil sauce. It’s made the same way as the steaks and is FABULOUS!!!

I love steaks made this way! Actually Mr. Fantabulous just asked me last night to make them this weekend for him!

Best Kitchen Wishes!!!

• Liz says:

I don’t have a thermometer. How can I tell the meat is done if I like it medium rare?

Hi Liz,

Per the recipe:

See below for times:
      Very Rare 4-5 minutes
      Rare 5-6 minutes
      Medium Rare 6-8 minutes
      Medium 7-10 minutes
      Well done Not Recommended

But you can use the ‘finger’ test.

Raw: To get a good indicator of what raw meat feels like, open the palm of your hand and relax it. Take the index finger of your other hand and push on the fleshy area between your thumb and base of your palm.
      Medium Rare: Gently press the tip of your middle finger to the tip of your thumb. The fleshy area below your thumb will be what it feels like when meat is Medium-Rare, which is more firm and less giving, but still spongy.
      Rare: Press the tip of your index finger to the tip of your thumb. The fleshy area below your thumb should not be tough at all and should give when touched. Now, open up your palm again to compare how this compares to the Raw feeling.
      Medium: Gently press the tip of your ring finger and the tip of your thumb together. The fleshy area beneath your thumb should still give a little but be getting more firm.
      Well Done: Gently press the tip of your pinky finger to the tip of your thumb. The fleshy area beneath your thumb should feel pretty firm, yet springy.

• Elisa says:

Best NY Strip Steak recipe ever! I could never cook NYS right, always comes out over cooked, tough, but with this recipe it comes out perfect, juicy, tender & your oven times are exact. My daughter said it was the best steak we’ve ever made, I’ve got to agree. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Thank you so much Elisa! And the fact that it was kid approved too! BONUS! I agree, it took me years to finally perfect making a steak. I ended up with either burnt on the outside/raw in the middle OR shoe leather!

• Crashencat says:

Omg I have never attempted to ever try to home cook a thick juicy NY steak before until now and using this recipe was AMAZING and oh so DELICIOUS!!!! I will never be afraid again with this as my guide!

Crashencat that ROCKS!!! You just so totally made my day! Thank you so much!

As my Momma used to say when I was in the kitchen with her as a kid “stick with me kid, I won’t steer you wrong” :)

• Stephanie says:

Is there anything I can replace the Montreal steak seasoning? In nevada(us) we don’t carry that seasoning. I really want to try this recipe for tonight!

• Luvmesumstake says:

This is BY FAR, the best steak I’ve ever made…indoors. Actually, it’s too cold in winter and too hot in summer to grill; so I might just have to make strips this way most of the time! I was out of thyme (as usual) but had some tarragon (don’t ask me why)and still turned out delicious.
    Thanks again for sharing.

• Disappointedcook says:

Well disappointed with this method! :(
    Super overcooked, and I even decreased the cooking times given
    Yuck

Sorry it didn’t work out for you. The times given were for a 1 1/2″ thick steak.

Very Rare 4-5 minutes
      Rare 5-6 minutes
      Medium Rare 6-8 minutes
      Medium 7-10 minutes
      Well done Not Recommended

Not sure what happened with yours.

• Pam says:

I am trying to surprise my husband with a special dinner. My steaks are only about an inch thick. Any recommendations for the searing/cooking times?
    Thanks

Hi Pam!

Well aren’t you the amazing wife :) I love doing stuff like that too!

Searing should be the same amount of time. Cooking time will be slightly less.

1″ thick steak roughly
      very Rare 3-4 minutes
      Rare 4-5 minutes
      Medium Rare 5-7 minutes
      Medium 6-8 minutes
      Well done Not Recommended

Here’s another trick to try that works really well when you’re not sure on the times if your steaks or thicker/thinner then the recipe:

• Shannan says:

This sounds amazing! But I have no Olive Oil. I have Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil and Coconut Oil. Which do you think would be the best? I think the coconut oil may burn as it’s made for medium high heat and I’m not sure what 400* would be considered when you’re talking in terms of “medium high” lol

Hi Shannan!

Yes, definitely don’t use coconut oil. The 400F is for the oven (that’s how you finish off the steaks). Med-high is for your stove when you initially pan sear them.

Go for the canola oil as it has a higher smoke point; better than vegetable oil.

• Shannan says:

Thank you! I know what the 400* is for, lol I just wasn’t sure if 400* oven temps would correlate to medium high heat or high heat. I’ll use the canola and let you know!! Thank you again!! :)

• Shannan Matulewicz says:

Ok just got done eating. Turned out amazingly tender!! I didn’t have Worchestershire, why I don’t know, so I used A1, Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning and a dash of Accent. Followed all other instructions with the exception of using Olive Oil since obviously, I didn’t have any, lol. I personally hate Canola Oil, can’t stand the smell at all but I used it. When I seared the steaks, it stunk horribly like burning plastic and I thought for sure the steaks would pick up the taste. Nope. They tasted amazing!! And there was a beautiful cup of drippings in the pan to top them off with. Definitely yummy!!

I’m THRILLED you loved it! That truly means so much to me! Yeah if you can swing it, definitely get some olive oil. It makes the difference. Or if you want, go with avocado oil as well. As for the steak seasoning, make your own – trust me on this (http://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2012/06/18/adding-a-little-spice-to-your-kitchen/) It’s so much cheaper AND better (in my opinion).

If you like mushrooms, buy some portabello caps and thick cut them. As soon as you flip the steaks, toss them in the pan and add just another Tbl or two of butter on top of those while the steaks cook in the oven. When you pull the steaks out of the oven, plate them to rest and then put the hot pan on medium heat again to thicken up slightly the juices with the mushrooms. TO DIE FOR!

• Shannan says:

Will definitely be getting the Olive Oil. We just moved an I swear half my stuff disappeared… I’ll look into the seasoning recipe to and omg I LOVE my mushrooms!! Now I’m off to browse more of your goodies!!

• Cathy says:

OMG these were great! So juicy.

• Kymberlee says:

I can nit find the oven temp any where, trying 2 make now, please HELP!?!?

• kr says:

what do you suggest for seasoning if i don’t have all the ingredients for your montreal one? I don’t have fennel or dry garlic, and i have no thyme. will it work with salt and pepper oil and butter,? adding mushrooms?

Hi KR!

Simple kosher salt and black pepper will work awesome as well! I would add thick slices of portabella mushrooms right after you flip the steaks. Put it all in the oven. I’d say add a little more butter so the shrooms don’t dry out.

• cdh says:

This was my red meat treat. Wasn’t expecting it to be so delicious. Only had dry thyme but it added an incredible flavor. I duplicated the whole thing with a perfectly micowaved sweet potato (was late & I was lazy). Talk about a happy girl! Best steak I’ve ever made. Thanks for sharing

Thank you so much! Dried thyme works perfectly as well. I don’t always have fresh on hand (at least in the winter). Hey there’s nothing wrong with taking short cuts with potatoes. Sometimes we just need it fast :)

• cdh says:

Forgot the rating

• Andria says:

This recipe looks amazing! Planning to try it tonight. One question..my son will only eat his steak well done, why do you not recommend it? First time making them at home, so plz help.

• Michelle says:

Hello :)
    About a year ago I attempted to make NY strips for myself and my boyfriend – long story short – it was an epic fail.

This morning, before heading to the grocery store, we were trying to figure out what to do for dinner. I knew I wanted mash potatoes and fresh green beans, but couldn’t decide on the protein. Well, Mr. Mans suggested steak.

For the past year I have been cooking way more in the kitchen and have started to find my groove and confidence. So maybe it was time to try steak again.

After getting back from the store I immediately googled “how to cook NY strip..” and the first matching was “how to cook NY strip indoors” – I clicked on that and your website/blog was the 2nd site listed. I read through it and thought, “I can do this!” but it did require us to go back to the grocery store.

We just finished eating – and yes I agree – this is better than a restaurant – although I did cook it for a little too long (due to my insecurities based on my first attempt at steak a year ago…) it was amazing!!

Thank you for posting this and you have contributed to the boosting of my self esteem when cooking steak indoors!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    -Michelle

Hi Michelle!

I wish you could see the smile on my face right now after reading your comment. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much that touches my heart! And can I say that knowing lil ol’ me helped in some small way with your cooking self esteem for making steak indoors thrills my heart! You got this!

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions on how to make something in the kitchen. l...@thekitchenwhisperer.net

• Michelle says:

I just had to share! You deserve to know what you’ve done for me!!

Now – any idea on how to clean the stainless steal pan (one of the reasons we had to go back to the store – we only have non-stick pans)

we’ve let this pan soak now for a whole day and Mr. Mans just yelled from the kitchen “I think we have to take this pan back because it’s not coming clean!”

Help?

-Michelle

What I do is as soon as it’s warm to the touch I run hot water on it and put Dawn dish detergent in it to soak (with the water) for about 15 minutes. Then I take a no-abrasive scrubbing pad and clean it out. If there is any reside I then rinse it out and apply Barkeepers Friend. http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/ It’s about $2 in the cleaning aisle. Combined with a little water and a good scrubbing pad, it does an amazing job at cleaning up stainless steel pots and pans. I make a paste if you will and just give it a light scrub. It shines up just like brand new. All of my pans look brand new from using this stuff and I’ve had them for eons.

Who makes your pan?

• Christina says:

My husband found this recipe and thought we should try it sometime…it looked so good we tried it today. It was so delicious oh my hands down best steak I’ve ever had..taste like a hundred dollar steak. We cooked five steaks in total…Every ounce was gone. Thanks again. Can’t wait to make Em again…my husband wants them again tomorrow.

That is awesome Christina, thank you so much! I cannot grill… AT ALL but Mr. Fantabulous loves steak so I had to come up with a way that rivaled those grilled or those made in a 5-star steak house. He now won’t eat steak anywhere but here.

• Annette says:

OMG! I made a strip steak for my honey’s birthday using this recipe. It was awesome, and this is from someone who spent twenty years in the restaurant industry! Best. Steak. Ever. Thank you! I just found your website and will be checking back here often!

Thank you so much Annette and happy belated birthday to your honey! :) I will make a steak no other way; even if it’s 120F outside and I want a steak, the oven goes on!

Best Kitchen Wishes1

• Elizabeth says:

Coming from someone who can barely cook…best steak I have ever fixed so tender and juicy and that crust just sets it off even more thank you for sharing the recipe…didn’t have all the ingredients but saw some posts where others didn’t either and followed the advice you have them…will be saving this so I can go get all the ingredients and make again….again thanks for sharing :)

You just made my day Elizabeth! Thank you so much! Even a simple salt & pepper seasoning is awesome on this with the butter at the end.