You know I honestly think Turkey has replaced the “All-American” burger …. at least for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love a juicy grilled beef burger however most of the time it doesn’t like me 🙁 A few years back I switched to ground turkey and have truly found a deep love for it. Funny thing is I’m not really a big fan of Thanksgiving Turkey. *shrugs* I’ll eat it but I can give or take it.
Well yesterday if you recall I made that Pineapple Chunk Teriyaki Sauce which seriously I cannot wait to make chicken with it. It’s THAT good! Since I had ground turkey in the fridge I decided to make grilled turkey burgers however this time I decided to add a twist to it. See normally my go-to turkey burger recipe involves melted cheese and a slice of avocado with my killer Montreal steak seasoning but this time I wanted pineapple with it. See I have this undeniable love of grilled fruits. And to me, grilled pineapple is just shear heaven! Now see I knew I wanted to put grilled pineapple slices on the burger but I wanted the burger to have that teriyaki taste with it. Sooooooooooooo…. decided to mix some of that pineapple chunk teriyaki sauce into the burger mix.
Grilled Pineapple Chunk Teriyaki Turkey Burger
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup + 4 tablespoon Pineapple Chunk Teriyaki Sauce (warmed)
- 2 tablespoon unseasoned bread crumbs
- 4 pineapple rings
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (only if using a non-coated pan)
- 4 slices smoked Colby jack
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 4 burger buns
- Mix the turkey, seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Form into 4 – 1/4lb patties indenting with your thumb in the middle.
- Let sit at room temperature (about 15 minutes).
- Heat a grill pan to medium high and add the oil.
- Add the patties and cook for 5- 6 minutes on one side or until golden brown.
- Flip the patties and cook for 5-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165F.
- While they are cooking, add the pineapple rings and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add the cheese to the patties and cover with a lid for a minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut the bun in half and add ¼ cup fresh spinach leaves on the bottom.
- Top with red onions then 1 tablespoon of warmed Teriyaki sauce.
- Add the burger and top with pineapple ring.
- *Note: If you want, this can make 6-8 sliders if you wanted a smaller portion.
Leave a Comment & Review