Did you ever make something and fall absolutely head over heels in love with it to the point where all other foods pale in comparison? Like seriously that could be that one food you could eat all the time and never get sick of it?
Well for years it was my Tequila Lime Chicken. I mean I LOVE this recipe. Actually to be honest, I think it’s the marinade that I love more than anything. It’s friggen awesome on seafood and OMG… shrimp! TO DIE FOR!
So the other day, when I made that Watermelon & Pineapple Sweet ‘n Heat Salsa, I decided to make something different with it. Since I had extra pineapple juice and other spices around I started with the bits and pieces from the tequila lime marinade recipe and changed it up to this..
This GLORIOUS oh-my-GOD-this-is-insanely-awesometastic marinade. Topping it with the salsa… wait.. I need a moment
*flashbacks of awesomeness* Mmmmmm
Words can’t describe how good this is.
All I can say.. GO MAKE THIS NOW. No, RIGHT NOW!
However I kind of feel guilty though people. I feel like I’m cheating on my other recipe. God.. I feel like such a two-timing tramp *wink* LOL
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 Tbl garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup really good tequila (and 2 shots for you while you cook!)
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 shakes of hot sauce (Tabasco)
- 1 Tbl brown sugar
- 1 Tbl fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- Watermelon & Pineapple Salsa
- Combine all of the ingredients minus the chicken in a glass bowl mixing well.
- Add the chicken, cover and allow it to marinate for a half hour at room temp. Do not let this sit for more than 30 minutes as the acid in the juices will cook the chicken.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until the internal temperature is 165.
- Garnish with Watermelon & Pineapple Salsa.