These are certain things in life that just can speak for themselves.
This burger is one of those things…
This burger is so incredibly juicy and tender that it just melts in your mouth.
The flavors are so just..just..harmonious in your mouth that it’s as if it this burger was blessed by the heavens.
Angels sang when we ate these and I swear time just stopped.
Yeah, they are THAT GOOD!
Just look at all those caramelized onions inside this juicy, succulent burger! It just oozes love!
I know it’s hard to see but the bacon is underneath the burger. I wanted the caramelized onions to be the star here and baby, these stars are shining SUPER BRIGHT!
Now I’ve made these as 1/2 and quarter pound burgers, sliders AND even as appetizer meatballs (stay tuned for that recipe!)
If you hate onions (seriously I hate raw onions or onions that aren’t caramelized) you NEED to give this a try! Caramelized onions are super sweet and don’t have that cucky “raw onion” flavor that most kids hate. You will LOVE this.Print
Caramelized Onion Bacon Burgers
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 1lb ground beef (90/10 ratio – thus the addition of the bacon grease)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3/4–1 cup cooled caramelized onions (that still had the juices from the pan)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2 tablespoon of bacon grease
- 8 slices thick bacon
- 4 thick slices of Jarlsberg cheese
- Bacon BBQ Sauce, optional
- Pan fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove from pan and reserve 2 tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Mix the ground beef, steak seasoning, caramelized onions, panko and bacon grease in a bowl (just until combined as I didn’t want to overwork the meat).
- Shape into 4 patties and indent one side (this prevents them from rounding up).
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Drizzle just a trace bit of oil in the pan.
- Place the patties and do not move for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip when the bottom has a caramelized brown crust.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes (or until desired done-ness).
- In the last minute of cooking add the Jarlsberg cheese on top and cover with a lid (this helps melts the cheese).
- Place on toasted bun.
- Garnish with Bacon BBQ Sauce
Recipe Reviews & Comments
The burger of all burgers. Boom. Don’t wait to try these
The Contessa (Linda) says
Awesome! We’re having a Burger Bash to get ready for the 4th. Love to have your burger at out party.
Wishes for tasty dishes,
Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa
Thank you kindly 🙂 Nothing says 4th of July food-wise like a great burger bash!
Best Kitchen Wishes!