This is amazing on burgers, as a veggie dip, as a dip for chips (yes, FRITOS rocks with this!), as a garnish to your burritos/enchiladas/tacos, on your breakfast egg/bacon/cheese sammich.
Seriously, make this. You will fall in love…
WAIT until you see how I use this in a recipe!Print
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and peeled (save the pit!)
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbl fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbl minced garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (or 1/2 tsp cayenne)
- 2 Tbl chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Scoop the avocado pulp into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the sour cream, lime juice, garlic cloves, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Check and adjust seasoning.
- Place in a dish, add the pit (this helps prevent it from turning brown), cover and chill for an hour.
Keywords: avocado aioli, avocado sauce