So the other day I made all time FAVORITE Beef Fajitas recipe. Well I kinda made too much and was at the point where I didn’t want fajitas or even burritos. Well lunch came around and I only had a few minutes to grab something quick and yummy that didn’t require a lot of work.
THIS was literally assembled, cooked, plated and in my belly in under 5 minutes!
THIS was so freaking amazing and SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMPLE! I mean even Mr. Fantabulous could make these!
Well that is… if he was allowed to touch my All-Clad pans, the oven or anything short of a cereal bowl, a fork/knife/spoon and a glass for his protein drinks.
THIS took longer to eat than it did to prepare which was AWESOME as I so much rather prefer to enjoy my food and savor it rather than pretty much swallow it whole.
Now what are you waiting for? Scoot on out to the kitchen and make yourself a big ol batch of these puppies! I’ll be there for dinner at 6!Print
- 4–10” round tortillas
- 2 cups leftover Beef Fajita meat and veggies, warmed *see note
- 1 cup refried beans, warmed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cubed tomatoes, strained
- 2 teaspoon butter
- Sour cream
- Place 1/2 teaspoon butter in a 10” round skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted and the edges begin to bubble, place 1 tortilla down.
- Place 1/2 cup of cheddar on the tortilla leaving a 1/2” edge.
- Next place 1/4 cup of the refried beans on one half of the tortilla (the side closest facing you).
- Place 1/2 cup of the fajita meat and veggies on top of the beans. Again, you only want to cover half of the tortilla as you’ll be folding this over.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges start to crisp and get slightly browned. If it gets browned too fast, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chopped lettuce and tomatoes on top.
- Using a spatula, gently take the side furthest away from you and fold it up over the toppings.
- Gently use the back of your spatula to press it down. It should be golden brown and shouldn’t require flipping.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until the cheese starts to melt. If you need to flip it, use a wide spatula and a free hand (watch as it will be hot) and working fast, flip it.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
This works awesome with chicken or shrimp fajita meat as well!