It’s FOOTBALL SEASON which means weekly gatherings at someone’s house to watch the big game (Go Steelers!). Now sadly my house these past few years hasn’t been that house as our entire downstairs has been under a full blown rip-everything-off-the-walls-ceiling-floors-remodel-job. This is no small feat to say the least ESPECIALLY when we’re (and when I say “we’re” I really mean Mr. Fantabulous) doing it ourselves. I help out when he wants me to or when I can… like being tool beyotch, “Honey, stick your hand in this small spider-web infested hole and see if you feel anything” person – yes I had to do that!, to carrying 987,000 brick. Now this has been a good 3-4 year project but I know in the end, in year 2020, it’ll be fabulous. LOL Nah really I do my best not to nag Mr. Fantabulous because I know how hard he’s busting his cute little booty making it perfect but I really, REALLY miss having a functional downstairs. Heck, I miss sitting on the couch watching a movie!
But anyway I totally got side tracked there.. So IF I had a functional football viewing area, these would be first on my list of things to make.
That Bacon BBQ Pulled pork is to die for!
And these pretzel buns… oh dear sweet Jesus! Mr. Fantabulous went CRAZY over these things!
Lest us not forget the life-changing Bacon BBQ Sauce.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to find a powertool and go ‘help’ out downstairs. LOLPrint
- 4 cups Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork, nice and hot
- 1–2 cups Bacon BBQ Sauce, warmed
- 4 Pretzel Burger Buns, cut in half
- 3–4 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 thick slices of sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/4” thick)
- Preheat broiler with rack in the middle.
- Lightly brush the bottom cut half of the pretzel bun with melted butter.
- Place the bottoms on a cookie sheet, butter side up.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with a heaping serving of the Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork and 1 thick slice of cheddar cheese.
- Brush the top half of the pretzel bun with the remaining butter.
- Place the tops of the bun on the pan, butter side up.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is soft and melted (but not gooey) and the bun tops are toasted.
- Remove from the oven and top with additional Bacon BBQ Sauce.