Cheesy Meatball Stuffed Pizza Puffs are perfect for parties, movie nights, tailgating or just because you want something delicious!
Ever since I shared with you my Cheesy Ranch Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Pizza Puffs I’ve been getting a TON of requests “OHHHHHHHHH! What else can we stuff in there??” Yeah, I giggled like a 14 year old kid at first to those types of questions but then I got to thinking… why limit it? So I came up with a few more fillings.
This next one goes to the Italian part of my family; well okay Mr. Fantabulous’ family. I just cook it and am an adopted Italian if you will. Since we all love meatballs (albeit beef, chicken, turkey or veggie) this recipe can be used for most everyone’s taste preferences.
With football, hockey and even baseball season going on right now these pizza puffs NEED to be at every tailgate, cookout and get together! These can be eaten straight out of the oven (okay, give ’em a min or two to cool as the insides are hot) or room temperature. But to be honest, if you only make one batch, they won’t get a chance to get to room temp as they will be inhaled before you can say “SCORE!!!”
These luscious little meatball, cheese and sauce fill pizza puffs are a DEFINITE SCORE!
Now what’s even more awesome is you can make a big batch of these and freeze ’em raw. Just shape, place on a parchment lined tray and drop freeze (meaning place the tray and all in the freezer and when they are frozen solid, just pop ’em in a freezer bag). When you want to bake them, pop into into a preheated oven but you’ll have to add in a few extra minutes for baking (cause they are frozen). LOL
Now you can make these any size you want so you can have ’em bite size to 2-3 bite size. Totally your call. I opted for about racquet ball size. I wanted these as more like an appetizer/snack. I wanted a few bites ya know but again the size is totally up to you. Go with how much you can stuff in your mouth. LOL No, don’t do that! I don’t want you choking. I live to far to help you. Eat responsibly.
Just look at those little puffs of awesomeness! Those juicy meatballs, that savory Italian Marinara sauce and the cheese!
Now I’m telling you, you’re going to want to make 2 batches as these will disappear even before you get a chance to sit down!Print
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly spray a 9×13” metal pan and then line with parchment (leaving a 1” overhang). Spray the parchment paper and set the pan aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and flatten out each piece on a lightly floured board to a 4” round circle. Place 1/4 piece of cheese on the dough followed by a meatball, a teaspoon of marinara then one additional piece of cheese. Gently pull up the edges to form a purse.
- Gently pinch the ends together and tuck into itself until tightly sealed. Place seam side down in the pan. Repeat until all the dough is used up – you’ll place the dough balls side by side. It’s okay that they touch barely but don’t overcrowd as they will expand.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops with the melted butter. Sprinkle oregano on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Bake for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with additional marinara.
Keywords: pizza dough, stuffed meatballs, tailgating, parties, finger foods, appetizers