It’s funny, I could eat salads every day where for Mr. Fantabulous salads are a waste of time. They slow down the ‘real food’ ingestion. Salads are mere ‘fluff’ foods to him. He says that they are ‘full of fat or wasted calories’. Well my dear sweetie pie, I’m here to counter you on this one. This salad is healthy, packed with protein, antioxidants, good for you and flat out awesome!
This salad is so good that I literally ate it every day for lunch for a week! I couldn’t get enough of it! The only time I made a change was to add some toasted pecans to it. Other than that, I left it as-is. I mean why mess with perfection, right?
Probably after the 3rd day I finally got Mr. Fantabulous to try this. Naturally it goes without saying he needed to try it several times… as in to the point he ate my whole salad. However he’s a growing boy (haha) and still thought of this as a fluff dish and not the ‘real dinner’. However he asked for this again the next time as a precursor to dinner.
Now me I could barely finish this let alone have a ‘real dinner’ as he put it which I was more than OK with. The man doesn’t gain weight, I unfortunately look at fudge and it somehow ends up on my thighs without ever passing my lips. Damn you metabolism!
The dressing is just amazing as well. I absolutely LOVE raspberry vinaigrette. It’s light and bright. Now the hardest part of this is finding raspberry vinegar. Fortunately it’s in the TKW Amazon Store under Baking Necessities! You NEED this to make the dressing.
Normally I would some type of witty repartee but honestly, this salad speaks for itself. It’s unpretentious but yet elegant at the same time.
It’s snobbish but down to earth.
It’s real… really amazingly delicious!Print
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 4 ounces Albacore Tuna, rinsed and flaked into chunks
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded pecorino
- Fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a blender or food processor add the onion, vinegar, sugar, mustard, & salt and mix until combined.
- With the blender/food processor running, add the oils in a thin stream.
- Add poppy seeds and pulse just until mixed.
- Set aside.
Assemble the Salad
- In a bowl add spinach, mushrooms, albacore, cranberries, and sunflower seeds.
- Add the cheese and add a pinch of freshly grated black pepper.
- Drizzle with the raspberry vinaigrette.