Okay so normally I take a bajillion pictures of stuff when I do a photo shoot but sadly I was greatly pressed for time (and starving) so tonight it’s a single picture but my God it’s all you need! I had visited the farmer’s market and bought GORGEOUS blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. The spinach was local as well. I only had a few minutes really to eat so I whipped this up and seriously am so wanting this again for tomorrow’s lunch.. and the next day.. and the next day!
This salad is so light and fresh but packed with a TON of vitamins and antioxidants that I seriously could have eaten another one of them but sadly I didn’t have the time to inhale another.
This vinaigrette is featured in my spinach albacore salad that just blew your mind and taste buds! However this time I also added in some fresh raspberries to give it some more OOMPH! I wanted some pieces of raspberries in the dressing. Seriously this salad took under 5 minutes to prep and plate.. and that INCLUDED making the dressing!
This salad literally is made up of 5 ingredients: spinach, blueberries, strawberries, feta cheese and the vinaigrette. 5 very simple ingredients that seriously rocked my world! I always tell people, just because a recipe has a billion steps and ingredients doesn’t mean it’s a bajillion time better. Sometimes that’s true but for the most part, I don’t think so.
So while you only get one picture this time this picture speaks a thousand words… and will make you crave this!Print
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced in half and divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- In a blender or food processor add the raspberries, onion, vinegar, sugar, mustard, & salt and mix until combined.
- With the blender/food processor running, add the oils in a thin stream.
- Add poppy seeds and pulse just until mixed.
- Set aside.
Assemble the Salad
- On 2 plates place 2 cups of spinach on each.
- Next add evenly divide the blueberries, strawberries and cheese on top.
- Drizzle with the raspberry vinaigrette.
Other salad additions:
– sliced almonds or pecans
– cooked sliced chicken breast
– slices of oranges and peaches