Mixing together two great loves of brownie batter (eggless) and no-bake cheesecake make this positively one of the best dips EVER!
Say hello to your new favorite dessert dip folks! It’s everything you love about cheesecake and brownie batter rolled into one. It’s creamy, decadent and borderline addictive.
Sorry, not sorry about the addictive part. If you have a sweet tooth then you’re going to WANT to make this dip!
This dip is utterly perfect as it fulfills that sweet tooth craving when you want something but you don’t know what that something is.
Plus c’mon it’s brownies AND cheesecake AND it’s a dip which means you can stuff it into your face with COOKIES (or a spoon! LOL).
Ingredients needed to make this dip
Pretty much all of these should be kitchen staples
- Dry Ingredients – cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt
- Sugar – white and confectioners’
- Extract – Chocolate extract is the best in this but you can go with vanilla
- Dairy – mascarpone, butter and whole milk (or cream)
- Baked Brownies – you only need about a cup or so
Let’s make this brownie batter cheesecake dip
This recipe is super easy but does require 5 minutes of oven baking as you NEED to toast your flour. From both a safety and taste perspective, you have to do this.
- Toast up the flour and place into a separate bowl. To that add the baking powder, salt, cocoa and granulated sugar.
- In another bowl whip together the mascarpone and butter until light and fluffy.
- To the creamed mixture add in the flour mixture and the confectioners’ sugar. Slowly mix together.
- Add in the liquids and mix until desired dip consistency.
- Fold in the brownie chunks, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Once chilled, LET’S EAT!
Toasting Flour for No-Bake Desserts
So if you look at the recipe, I tell you to “toast your flour”. This is actually important in any no-bake dessert that has flour. Plus it’s actually a recommended FDA thing.
Flour recalls happens. I’ve seen a ton of no-bake desserts that contain flour and they just have you put the flour in “raw”. You shouldn’t do this from a safety standpoint and from a taste factor. Raw flour is just terrible tasing.
Toasting your flour does 2 things – makes it safer to eat and kills any lingering bacteria like E. coli, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Put the flour on the pan, spread it out and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool completely.
Substitutions for cheesecake dip
You most certainly can substitute full-fat cream cheese in place of mascarpone.
Difference Between Mascarpone and Cream Cheese
Do you know the difference between mascarpone and cream cheese?
Mascarpone is a buttery, double or triple-cream cheese made from cow’s milk. It is ivory-colored, soft, and delicate. It’s a form of cream thickened with acid. It’s lightly sweet, soft, creamy, and way lower in sodium than cream cheese.
Cream cheese is a soft, unripened cheese made from cow’s milk and by law must contain at least 33 percent milkfat and not more than 55 percent moisture.
To me, there is a huge difference in taste and texture. I actually prefer mascarpone but as I said it is slightly pricier than cream cheese.
What to serve with this brownie batter dip
Honestly, the sky is the limit.
- Fresh strawberries
- Candy bars/Peanut Butter cups
- A spoon
If you wanted to kick up this recipe you could also add in the following items:
- Peanut Butter – To the mascarpone, add in about a 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter. You may need to increase the milk/cream by 1 Tbl or 2.
- Melted Caramel sauce – To the mascarpone add in a few Tbl of melted caramel sauce.
- Candy – Chopped up peanut butter cups, mini chocolate chips, toffee chips
The Perfect Occassion Dip
I ate this it was a ‘me’ night as Mr. Fantabulous was at band practice. So yes I did just eat mine out of the container shown in the pictures however not all of it (though I did give it a valiant effort).
It’s funny as I took a pic of it and sent it to him with the caption “I’d be lying if I said I wished you were here as I’m not sharing this but I wanted to show you my latest creation.” His text back read something like “meanest wife ever. Trading you in for one with a heart.”
- Me Night
- Bridal or Wedding Shower
- Dessert Board
- Office Pot Luck
- Date Night at home
It’s an unexpected dessert that will have folks coming back for seconds and thirds. Plus honestly, anything that is no-bake is killer in my book!
What would you use to dip into this?
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Put the flour on the pan, spread it out and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Once the flour is cooled, in a separate bowl, beat together mascarpone and butter until smooth and creamy.To the flour bowl. whisk together the flour, cocoa, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Turn off the mixer and add in the flour mixture and the confectioners’ sugar.
- Carefully/slowly turn your mixer on (and possibly off a few times to avoid everything blowing out) to combine. The mixture will be super thick. Add in the extract and milk and mix with a spatula until until desired thickness (will thicken up once chilled).
- Fold in brownie chunks. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, strawberries… a spoon!
Keywords: Brownie Batter Cheesecake Dip, no bake cheesecake, egg free brownie batter, ultimate dip, eggfree brownie batter, dip recipes for bridal shower, party dip