These Cheesy Bacon Pickle Wraps are creamy, crunchy, and are the perfect anytime snack! Soft flour tortillas loaded with cream cheese, crispy bacon, pickles, and cheese.
So y’all blew up the internet when I posted my recipe for my Dill Pickle Bacon Cheese Ball. Wha?! Thank you!
I made so much of it that I was looking for other ways to serve it up. While I shared with you those keto pepper fat bombs stuffed with this stuff, I wanted to share with you another favorite of mine.
These wraps/pinwheels/roll-ups are seriously one of my favorite bites! Whether it’s in a flour tortilla, bib lettuce leaves, or keto cheese wrap, these are always a crowd favorite!
When I’m hosting a get-together, these are a fantastic addition to the food table. I’ll wrap up tightly, wrap in plastic wrap and then slice into little pinwheels right before serving.
These remind me of my ham & cheese pickle pinwheels. Have you made them yet?
Okay, let’s get started. The beginning steps are the same as my dill pickle dip as you need to make that first before you can assemble it.
This recipe only needs a few basic pantry ingredients to ROCK YOUR TASTEBUDS!
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Crispy Bacon
- Shredded Cheddar
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder and green onions
- Chopped Dill Pickles and Dill Pickle Juice
- Flour tortillas – I personally like Mission Soft Flour Tortillas. They come in various sizes as well as low-carb and gluten-free!
- Bib/Butter lettuce
- *other veggies like red onions, spinach, kale
When it comes to this recipe you want to use dill or sour pickles. That tang helps make this cheese ball zing.
You can use other types or flavors of pickles but if you’re looking for a keto version, stick with the dill or sour ones. To mix it up a bit, try the hot and spicy pickles.
Chef’s Tip about Pickles
When you make this recipe, after you chop the pickles, make sure you pat the pieces dry as you do not want to add any more liquid than the recipe calls for.
Let’s Make This!
- In a bowl add the softened cream cheese, pickles, pickle juice, garlic, onions powder, and black pepper.
- Using a spatula, mix to combine. You can use a mixer with the paddle attachment if you want but watch how much you mix it as you want to keep the pieces of bacon and pickles intact.
- Add in the crumbled bacon, and mix to incorporate.
- Once combined, add in the shredded cheese and mix.
- Lastly, add in the green onions and mix to combine.
Can I mix it all in at once?
You can if you want but I found doing it in stages as written helps keep the pieces intact and it makes it a lot easier to stir in stages than all at once.
Wrap it up (I’ll take it!)
Yep, I totally did a Fabulous Thunderbirds reference. And yes, I totally sang that in my head.
… you did it too, didn’t you? LOL
- Take your room, temp soft flour tortillas, and, at the bottom third of a tortilla, add a few leaves of lettuce followed by 1/4-1/3 cup of the mixture.
- Fold in the sides and roll up to close the wrap. Roll the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling
- Repeat for the rest of the wraps.
Serve Now or Refrigerate for later
With these, you have 2 options – you can serve them up right away or serve them later; i.e., meal prep dishes!
If you’re refrigerating them, then you’ll need to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
When you serve you can either slice in half OR slice into 1/2″ round pinwheels if you’re putting them out for a snack/appetizer.
Keto-Friendly and Gluten-Free Options
- Carb Balance Flour Tortillas – 6g Net Carbs per Tortilla K
- Gluten-Free Tortillas
- Coconut Wraps– only 70 calories and 4 grams net carbs
- Swap the flour tortilla and go with Bib or Butter Lettuce *I would not make these ahead of time though
Cheesy Bacon Pickle Wraps Substitutions and Add-Ins
This has to be one of my favorite things about any recipe – the changeup. When I create a recipe, I create a master or base recipe that is tried and true; perfected. Once I have that, I then love to play with it and tweak it as to not have the same ol’ same ol’.
- Wraps – I love the flour ones but you can totally use the keto cheese wraps, low/no carb wraps.
- Wrap-Free – Use bib or butter lettuce, or zucchini ribbons to roll it up like a sushi roll!
- Veggies – Add celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, caramelized chopped onions, or shallots
- Greens – Spinach, Spring House Mix, Kale
- Pickles – you can use other types of pickles (even bread and butter) but those are higher in sugar and will make the dip sweeter
- Capers – if you really wanted to mix it up, skip the pickles and add capers
- Cheese – You can use shredded pepper jack for some heat or swiss for a lighter flavor
- Bacon – while this breaks my heart, you can omit it OR you can use dried beef, crispy pancetta, or chorizo in place of it
- Cream Cheese – you can use all mascarpone or half cream cheese and half mascarpone for a less tangy flavor
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles, patted dry
- 2 Tbl dill pickle juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic, fresh or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped small,
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar (white and yellow)
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 6–8 Flour Tortillas (warmed) or Keto Cheese Wraps
- 6–8 large bib/butter lettuce leaves
- In a bowl all of the ingredients except the tortillas and lettuce to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Take your room, temp, or warmed soft flour tortillas, and, at the bottom third of a tortilla, add a few leaves of lettuce followed by 1/4-1/3 cup of the mixture.
- Fold in the sides and roll up to close the wrap. Roll the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling.
- Repeat for the rest of the wraps.
- Serve immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
Keywords: tortilla pickle wraps, pickle snack recipes, dill pickle tortilla roll ups, pickle wraps, bacon cream cheese wraps, party wraps, no-cook appetizers, pinwheels, cream cheese pinwheels, keto fat wraps, savory pickle wraps, cream cheese keto wraps, dill pickle wraps, dill pickle dip, bacon fat bombs