These Weekly Menu recipes allow you to get out of that same ol’ recipe rut and try some delicious and easy dishes! This week I highly recommend making Ultimate Pittsburgh Steak Wedgie, Bacon Cheeseburger Smile Sliders, and Ziti Peppernata with hot sausage!
Happy Sunday TKW Family! How are you doing on this gorgeous Sunday morning? Well okay, it’s sunny and beautiful here in AZ but I saw that the East Coast is getting pounded with snow. I’ve been getting so many texts from folks back in Pittsburgh as apparently, they are getting some 10+ inches of snow. #SorryNotSorry – I LOVE the ‘burgh but y’all can keep that weather. The only snow I want to see again is on a Hallmark Christmas movie!
Mental Breaks are good for the soul!
So you’ve probably noticed that the past couple of weeks I haven’t posted any recipes or been on social media too much. I had been working so much, plus we moved 2200 miles, then dealing with the worst moving company ever that damaged almost everything of ours they moved, then we had the multiple surgeries we both had I just needed time to destress and just, honestly, do nothing. It had been gosh, years, since I just took a hiatus from it all.
My mind had been so cluttered with this, that, and the other that I just couldn’t focus on anything. I was cranky and on edge which is something I rarely am. I’m typically happy go lucky and pretty chill. But with everything that happened in our lives, I just needed to stop life if you will. I barely cooked, baked, or did much of anything other than our typical day-to-day stuff. I just needed to breathe.
Yesterday I stayed in bed pretty much all day binge-watching some show in Norwegian (they had English voiceovers) about how Thor came to be. I watched 2 full seasons of that show. It was when I was watching one episode did I feel that spark inside me ignite. I felt that desire again to get back in the kitchen, create real food that didn’t require me opening a bag of Fritos or defrosting something from the freezer. But I actually cooked real good. And I felt whole again.
I felt at peace. Being in the kitchen is where I find my solace, my peace. It’s where the stress goes away and my passion takes over.
So thank you for allowing me to decompress and take that mental break. Hold on to your pants and I have a ton of new and delicious recipes coming your way!
And if I can give one bit of advice, take that break every now and then. It truly is good for the soul!
Have you seen the feature of Reels on Instagram and Facebook? They are anywhere from 15 seconds to 60 seconds little videos of content. I’ve been posting them on Instagram for quite some time now but have recently started to post some on Facebook too. If you get a chance, check them out! While you’re there, please give me a follow!
- No-Knead Focaccia – Facebook and Instagram
- Woodfired Pizza – Facebook & Instagram
- Woodfired Bacon – Facebook & Instagram
- How to use a ButterBell – Facebook
- Skillet Hot Sausage Pepornatta – Facebook
- Nashville Hot Chicken & Potato kebobs – Facebook & Instagram
- Pepperoni & Buratta Pizza on the Big Green Egg – Facebook
- Cast Iron Pizza on the Big Green Egg – Facebook and Instagram
- Christmas Tree Pizza – Facebook and Instagram
- Nashville Hot Chicken & Potato kebobs – Instagram
- Instant Pot Pulled Mexican Chicken – Facebook
TKW On YouTube
As I mention every Sunday, I have a YouTube channel. I’d LOVE and appreciate it if you subscribed there. I’m brand spanking new there and with the millions of TKW Family members out there, I need to build up my subscription base there.
Not only am I creating videos for my newer recipes but I’m also going back and creating them for my most popular recipes.
Since I have 1000+ recipes posted, it’ll take me a little bit to get them all done but I’ll get there.
My goal is to do more longer-type 10-15 minute cooking videos where I talk to you while cooking – think TV show but candid.
Candid in the sense of – I scrape the whole bowl out (no, we don’t waste stuff in my house), I’ll get batter on my face, flour on my chest, and laugh at myself because I dropped/tripped/or just messed up what I was trying to say.
You’ll get me as me – true authentic Lori
Did you make a recipe? Leave a blog comment!
So why do I ask this? Two reasons:
- Honest feedback is appreciated. It helps me learn and grow.
- Most folks read the comments first before they decide on making a recipe or not.
We all visit blogs looking for delicious items and inspiration. What I find (and you should as well) the MOST USEFUL thing is the comments that people leave. Honest feedback, good or bad but respectful please, on a recipe.
You can give suggestions on what you’d tweak or a spin you put on it. Heck or just tell me that you loved it! Like how to make vegan, keto, or not use mushrooms.
This is how I grow and become better on here and it gives you guys real feedback. The absolute most critical thing you can do for me is to leave a comment on the blog recipe post.
When I look at someone else’s recipe I read the comments as to me, that’s honest feedback. So when you make a recipe of mine or plan on making it, leave a comment on the post. I, and everyone else that goes to my site, truly would appreciate it!
Highlighted Recipes of the week!
Recipes that are tried and true but ones that you may have forgotten about.
- Simply the best pizza dough recipe– An easy, and delicious, hand-tossed dough recipe that I’ve used for 30+ years!
- Crock Pot Eye of Round– Slow cooking this piece of meat makes it super soft and almost fall apart!
- Classic Monte Cristo– Layers of salty ham, luscious gruyere cheese, tangy dijon mustard, and sweet raspberry preserves dipped in this French toast mixture and then grilled to perfection!
- Loaded Creamy Potato Soup– All of the amazing flavors of a loaded baked potato but in a soup form!
- Dad’s Red Beef Soup– A simple, yet delicious soup, that is perfect for a cold winter’s day!
- Grandma’s Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Pound Cake – Perfect on its own or with sliced strawberries and some whipped cream!
Weekly Dinner Menu – What to cook this week
With that guys, I’m getting this off to you all. Stay tuned for your newsletter AND your bonus recipe! Have one fantabulously amazing day!
Below I’ve put together some easy and delicious meal prep recipes that can help with dinner or lunch for the week. Plus dessert as well, you always have to have dessert! Is your favorite recipe listed below?
With that, have one fantabulously amazing week!
♥ Monday – Mom’s Ground Beef Stroganoff
♥ Tuesday – Double Bean Veggie Burgers
♥ Wednesday – Honey Butter Sriracha Wings
♥ Thursday – Bacon Cheeseburger Smile Sliders
♥ Friday –Ultimate Pittsburgh Steak Wedgie
♥ Saturday –Ziti Peperonata with hot sausage
♥ Sunday – Korean Gochujang Sticky Chicken Breasts (Instant Pot)
♥ Dessert of the week –Cinnamon Swirl Buttermilk Bread