Just like the Unfried Tortilla Shells, these are SUPER simple to make and really only require a few things.
Start with a clean tin can
Place the cans in the oven and place the prepared tortillas on top of each can
Wait 7-10 minutes, yes I know it’s hard to be patient but it’s worth it. Once it’s done you’ll have a gorgeous crispy unfried tortilla bowl!
|“Unfried” Crispy Tortilla Bowls|
- 4 10” round tortilla shells
- Cooking Spray or 1 tbl olive oil (you’ll need a pastry brush)
- Very slightly damp paper towel
- *optional 1/8th tsp fine salt
- 4 tin cans (cleaned and labels removed)
- Preheat oven to 375 with the rack in the middle.
- Wrap the 4 tortilla shells in the slightly damp paper towel.
- Microwave for 15-30 seconds until steamed and soft/pliable.
- Spray each tortilla side with cooking spray/brush with olive oil.
- At this point you can lightly salt the outside of the shell if you want.
- Place 4 empty cans 3-4″ apart on your rack, open side up.
- Drape the tortilla shell on top of each can.
- Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Once they are done, you can make whatever you want with it. For this I used some of my Mexican Shredded Beef, fresh spinach, black beans and some other bits of awesomeness!
So you know how you also get deep fried ice cream served in these bowls? Well if you wanted to make a sweet bowl of these, brush with vegetable oil and put cinnamon/sugar on it before you bake them.