I’m so happy right now.
Ask me why…
no really, ask me why.. haha
I FINALLY have Mr. Fantabulous eat “real fish” and more importantly he’s asking me to make it (when he’s not requesting crab rangoons every 6 hours I swear!). So the other day I made him the Parmesan Dill Crusted Tilapia and finally was able to make a piece for me. Well I wanted something more with it. I didn’t want rice, quinoa or even a potato. I wanted something light and bright. I started making my favorite lemon pepper oil slaw as I was going to go with the tilapia soft tacos but ended up with this…
This.. this amazingly awesome salad. It’s light, bright and super yummy. Now trust me, if someone said “Fish… on a salad??? Are you crazy???” But since this isn’t really a salad per se but rather a slaw it works. And works beautifully it does!
Give this a shot and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 4 pieces Parmesan Dill Crusted Tilapia
- 4 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 carrot shredded
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
- 2 whole avocados, sliced
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and sugar. Taste – adjust salt/pepper to liking.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Plate 1 1/2 cups slaw mixture.
- Top with 1/4 of the green onions.
- Gently break up the tilapia and place on top of the slaw.
- Add 1/4 cup (or more) of toasted pecans.
- Add 1/2 of an avocado (slices).