So when I posted those Hot Chocolate Cookie cups a few weeks ago, I snuck a photo of these little parfaits out at the same time. OMG you would have thought I gave folks the following day’s lottery numbers as folks were crazy over that picture. It blew up Instagram and people were begging me for the recipe.
Yeah, I have a confession. You see these parfaits were an after thought. Like as in I made too much triple chocolate mousse for the cookie cups and had to do something with it so hey let’s make a parfait. *blush*
But that’s the beauty about being in the kitchen. A single recipe can spawn several other amazing recipes. Plus it allows you to use the ingredient in more than one fashion which I love. Plus yeah, this is triple chocolate mousse here people.. just sayin.
Okay fine since we’re on full disclosure here I did originally make just 2 parfaits as that’s all of the filling I had leftover.
Annnnnnnnnnnnddddd <sigh> I maybe-kinda-sorta-ate-both-of-them-cause-I-hid-one-in-the-back-of-the-fridge-behind-the-hummus-so-Mr-Fantabulous-wouldn’t-eat-it. Wha? Don’t judge me. There were really good.
However because I am a loving wife (and they were freaking amazing) I did make another full batch so we could both have some and no I didn’t hide any of the 2nd batch in the fridge. Trust me the thought did cross my mind but I’m not that selfish.
Now if it were bacon, yeah, Mr. Fantabulous is screwed.
These parfaits honestly couldn’t be any easier to make or prettier. This filling is awesome as you can use it in so many ways. Got leftover cake or brownies? Make a trifle out of it and use this as part of the layered filling! But for these, yeah I wanted to go simple with the only real texture being the mini marshmallow bits. To give it another depth of flavor, and let’s face it – there can never be too much chocolate I decided to add a layer of chocolate ganache.
It’s funny, I have a childhood friend that literally told me for her wedding present she didn’t want a gift, she just wanted a giant bowl of ganache.
No, really folks – she was serious. LOL
So this holiday season when you’re short on time but want a holiday dessert that will certainly impress your guests, whip up a batch of these parfaits. These will surely be a show stopper!Print
- 1 – 3.4 ounce instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup instant hot chocolate mix
- 3 tablespoon melted and cooled dark chocolate (you want it soft)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup less 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/3–1/2 cup Mini Marshmallow Bits
- 1/3 cup Milk Chocolate Ganache, just barely warm – thick and still pourable
- 4–6 tablespoon chocolate curls
- Place a medium-large bowl (I use metal) with beaters in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill it.
- When ready to make the mouse, remove the bowl and beaters from the fridge.
- In the bowl add in the white chocolate pudding mix, hot chocolate, milk and cream.
- Starting your beaters off on low, slowly blend the mixture together. ~1-2 minutes.
- Slowly increase the beaters to medium high and start to whip.
- As the mixture starts to thicken up add in 1 tablespoon at a time of the soft dark chocolate incorporating before adding in the next.
- The mixture will be thick and fluffy in about 5-6 minutes.
- Grab 4-6 pretty Parfait Glass and place enough mousse to fill up 1/3 of the way.
- Place a tablespoon of the mini marshmallow bits on top.
- Pour the ganache over top of the bits dividing evenly.
- Add the rest of the mousse on top of each parfait.
- Garnish with the remaining bits and chocolate curls.
- Place the mixture into your serving cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
If you wanted you could easily take this filling and layer it in a chocolate cookie and or brownie/cake trifle!