Cheesy Bacon & Dill Pickle Mini Pepper stuffed bites are truly scrumptious and irresistible. Keto and Gluten-Free fat bombs perfect any time!
If you recall, I shared my Cheesy Dill Pickle dip a few weeks ago and folks, it went VIRAL! You guys gobbled it up like it was nobody’s business – THANK YOU!
By now you know that when I create a recipe, my goal is to either create a master (base) recipe and then lots of follow-on recipes. This is one of those follow-on recipes. We take an existing recipe or leftover and transform it into a new and delicious recipe.
With it being the New Year and everyone’s minds on eating healthier and making lifestyle changes, I wanted to give you a dish that is super yummy, keto-friendly, gluten-free, and requires no cooking. Well okay, it does if you don’t have cooked bacon on hand.
Keto Fat bombs aren’t new but they were just named different things in previous years. I don’t live a keto lifestyle but rather my lifestyle choice is more of an everything in moderation plus exercise. That works for me.
I’m simply one that doesn’t give up carbs – seriously I eat some form of pizza every day. So in order for me to do that, I tend to go for other dishes that aren’t so carb-laden.
That’s where these Cheesy Keto Fat Bombs with Dill Pickles, Bacon, and Cheese come in to play!
This recipe only needs a few basic pantry ingredients to ROCK YOUR TASTEBUDS!
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Crispy Bacon
- Shredded Cheddar
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder and green onions
- Chopped Dill Pickles and Dill Pickle Juice
- Seeded Mini Bell Peppers
When it comes to this recipe you want to use dill or sour pickles. That tang helps make this cheese ball zing.
You can use other types or flavors of pickles but if you’re looking for a keto version, stick with the dill or sour ones. To mix it up a bit, try the hot and spicy pickles.
Chef’s Tip about Pickles
When you make this recipe, after you chop the pickles, make sure you pat the pieces dry as you do not want to add any more liquid than the recipe calls for.
Let’s Make This!
- Deseed the peppers and set them aside. Next, In a bowl add the softened cream cheese, pickles, pickle juice, garlic, onions powder, and black pepper.
- Using a spatula, mix to combine. You can use a mixer with the paddle attachment if you want but watch how much you mix it as you want to keep the pieces of bacon and pickles intact.
- Add in the crumbled bacon, and mix to incorporate.
- Once combined, add in the shredded cheese and mix.
- Lastly, add in the green onions and mix to combine.
Can I mix it all in at once?
You can if you want but I found doing it in stages as written helps keep the pieces intact and it makes it a lot easier to stir in stages than all at once.
Top It Off & Stuff It
- To the dip, top it off with the remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Starting with a teaspoon of the mixture, stuff it into the bell peppers almost overfilling it. If desired, dip into shredded cheese
Eat Now or Later
- Once stuffed, you can eat now or place it in an air-tight container in the fridge. These will last for up to 5 days.
Keto Dill Pickle Pepper Fat Bomb Bites Substitutions and Add-Ins
This has to be one of my favorite things about any recipe – the changeup. When I create a recipe, I create a master or base recipe that is tried and true; perfected. Once I have that, I then love to play with it and tweak it as to not have the same ol’ same ol’.
- Peppers – Long peppers, jalapeno, larger bell peppers
- Veggies – stuff in celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini
- Pickles – you can use other types of pickles (even bread and butter) but those are higher in sugar and will make the dip sweeter
- Capers – if you really wanted to mix it up, skip the pickles and add capers
- Nuts – many cheese balls are coated in toasted, chopped pecans. This works so well on this recipe so try that!
- Cheese – You can use shredded pepper jack for some heat or swiss for a lighter flavor
- Bacon – while this breaks my heart, you can omit it OR you can use dried beef, crispy pancetta, or chorizo in place of it
- Cream Cheese – you can use all mascarpone or half cream cheese and half mascarpone for a less tangy flavor
- Veggies – caramelized chopped onions or shallots are great in this
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles, patted dry
- 2 Tbl dill pickle juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic, fresh or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped small, divided
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar (white and yellow), divided
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1–2 bags of mini bell peppers, seeded
- In a bowl add the softened cream cheese, dill pickles, pickle juice, garlic, onion powder, and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Add half of the crispy bacon, mix to combine. Add in the 1 cup of cheese, then mix. Add in half of the green onions and mix to combine.
- Top with the remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Starting with a teaspoon, spoon in the mixture into the pepper just barely overstuffing it. If desired, dip into shredded cheese.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: Keto Dill Pickle Pepper Bites, keto fat bombs, savory pickle bombs, cream cheese keto bites, dill pickle bites, dill pickle dip, bacon fat bombs