These Weekly Menu recipes allow you to get out of that same ol’ recipe rut and try some delicious and easy dishes! This week I highly recommend making the Butternut squash gratin, White Bean and Corn Veggie Burgers, and the Asian Sticky Ginger Chicken Thighs!
Happy Sunday TKW Family! How are y’all doing? How’s your summer going thus far. Mine’s not too shabby though I’ve been pretty tired lately.
With Mr. Fantabulous on crutches, the everyday stuff I tend to rely on him to do has fallen into my hands. I don’t mind. That’s what marriage is all about, right? We step in when the other can’t.
Marriage though we tell folks is 50/50 it isn’t really. Perhaps in the grand scheme of things, it is, but the day-to-day stuff always shifts more to one person than the other. And that’s OK. There are days when I simply want to do squat but lay in the pool and turn off the world while he cuts the grass or takes care of the house stuff. It always balances out in the end.
So for now, I’m totally ok taking on the brunt of the work. Soon enough, when he’s all better, I can take a break and just relax. For now, his recovery is most important.
Mentoring & Classes
I’m super excited guys! I’m finally at a point where I’m mentoring and teaching classes again. I’ve missed this SO MUCH! I have a few students that have a huge passion for cooking and baking that I’ve taken under my wings. The ages range from 14 to over 60 and I couldn’t be happier.
I get asked all the time why I do this. It’s not for the money or fame but honestly knowing that I can inspire someone to make a dish is what means the most to me. Seeing that passion, that smile on their face is everything. And even if they fail (because we all fail from time to time), knowing that they aren’t giving up. Folks that’s priceless!
TKW On YouTube
As I mention every Sunday, I have a YouTube channel. I’d LOVE and appreciate it if you subscribed there. I’m brand spanking new there and with the millions of TKW Family members out there, I really need to build up my subscription base there.
Not only am I creating videos for my newer recipes but I’m also going back and creating them for my most popular recipes.
Since I have 1000+ recipes posted, it’ll take me a little bit to get them all done but I’ll get there.
My goal is to do more longer-type 10-15 minute cooking videos where I talk to you while cooking – think TV show but candid.
Candid in the sense of – I scrape the whole bowl out (no, we don’t waste stuff in my house), I’ll get batter on my face, flour on my chest, and laugh at myself because I dropped/tripped/or just messed up what I was trying to say.
You’ll get me as me – true authentic Lori
Did you make a recipe? Leave a blog comment!
So why do I ask this? Two reasons:
- Honest feedback is appreciated. It helps me learn and grow.
- Most folks read the comments first before they decide on making a recipe or not.
We all visit blogs looking for delicious items and inspiration. What I find (and you should as well) the MOST USEFUL thing is the comments that people leave. Honest feedback, good or bad but respectful please, on a recipe.
You can give suggestions on what you’d tweak or a spin you put on it. Heck or just tell me that you loved it! Like how to make vegan, keto, or not use mushrooms.
This is how I grow and become better on here and it gives you guys real feedback. The absolute most critical thing you can do for me is to leave a comment on the blog recipe post.
When I look at someone else’s recipe I read the comments as to me, that’s honest feedback. So when you make a recipe of mine or plan on making it, leave a comment on the post. I, and everyone else that goes to my site, truly would appreciate it!
Highlighted Recipes of the week!
Recipes that are tried and true but ones that you may have forgotten about.
- Simply The Best Mac and Cheese ever with chicken and bacon– Adding pulled chicken and crispy bacon to an uber creamy mac ‘n cheese is pure heaven!
- Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Pizza – Cut the carbs but not the flavor with THE BEST Spaghetti Squash Cheesy Pizza! Keeping pizza delicious but with a healthier twist!
- Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken–The perfect slow cooker meal on a hot summer day!
- Sweet Potato Maple Cheesecake Bundt Cake– Forget pumpkin everything season, maple sweet potato is the new flavor! This Sweet Potato Maple Cheesecake Bundt Cake is unbelievably moist and gloriously delicious! WOW, your guests with this soon-to-be iconic cake!
- Browned Butter Broccoli Pecandine– Skip the boiled broccoli and serve this Browned Butter Broccoli Pecandine with Pomegranate seeds instead! It’s one of the BEST Broccoli recipes!
- Baked Bried with Cranberry Pecan Relish – Treat your family and friends to this seriously delicious Creamy Baked Brie with Cranberry Relish & Toasted Pecans! It takes only 15 minutes!
Weekly Dinner Menu – What to cook this week
With that guys, I’m getting this off to you all. Stay tuned for your newsletter AND your bonus recipe! Have one fantabulously amazing day!
Below I’ve put together some easy and delicious meal prep recipes that can help with dinner or lunch for the week. Plus dessert as well, you always have to have dessert! Is your favorite recipe listed below?
With that, have one fantabulously amazing week!
♥ Monday – Asian Sticky Ginger Chicken Thighs
♥ Tuesday –Instant Pot Poached Chicken Breasts over rice
♥ Wednesday – Sunrise Breakfast Taters
♥ Thursday – Skinny Chicken Burrito Bowl
♥ Friday – Ultimate Pepperoni Calzone
♥ Saturday – White Bean and Corn Veggie Burgers
♥ Sunday – Butternut squash gratin
♥ Dessert of the week – Simple Skinny Banana Cookies