This fresh corn and zucchini crustless quiche explodes with the amazing flavors of smoked gouda, rich cream, carrots, and crispy bacon.
Perfect Any Time Of The Day
This is one of those all-mine types of dishes. You see, Mr. Fantabulous is not a zucchini fan and is funny about trying dishes that he’s unfamiliar with. Even though a quiche is pretty much a giant baked omelet in a sense. Oh well, more for me.
Grab Your Ingredients
With summer corn and zucchini in season right now, I HAD to make this dish (and share it with you). You can make this in the home oven, on the grill (using indirect heat), or on the smoker.
- Vegetables – Fresh corn off the cob (can use frozen but thawed), zucchini, and carrots
- Cheese – I LOVE smoked gouda in this but go with what you love
- Bacon – If you want to keep it vegetarian, omit
- Seasoning – For me the Chop Haus seasoning is the best in this!
Chef’s Tip About Zucchini
The biggest tip about this recipe is you MUST squeeze the ever-loving life out of your zucchini and make it as dry as possible. I grate mine, put it in a colander, press down, and then place a plate on top (that can fit inside the colander along with something super heavy on top.
I let that sit for about 30 minutes. Then I take it out of the colander, put it in cheesecloth, and wring it tightly. Trust me, more water will come out.
Mix It Up
- In the mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, and chop haus seasoning.
- Next, add the zucchini, corn, carrots, and bacon. Mix to combine.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, and mix with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9″ Deep Dish Pie Plate, and spread around evenly.
More Cheese Please!
Naturally, we have to add more cheese so take that remaining smoked gouda and sprinkle it on top.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 45-60 minutes or until the middle is almost fully set. There can be a slight jiggle but not much.
Because it’s cheesy, it will jiggle. The best way to check is to insert an instant-read thermometer and if it reads 165F or higher, you’re good.
Waiting Is The Hardest Part
Trust me, I get it, waiting is the worst. You’re sitting there staring at the most amazing thing and all you want to do is dive in. But if you do, it’ll be stupid hot and you’ll burn your mouth and it won’t finish “setting” as my Mom would say.
Because the cheese is still so molten hot, it’ll ooze making you think it’s under-baked (remember, this is why we temp it). So trust me, wait.
Anyway You Slice It
And now we eat! I seriously have such a deep love for this dish. It’s like the perfect way to end summer. The smoked gouda adds such a beautiful, almost nutty flavor to the dish. The corn carrots add that touch of sweetness, and that zucchini adds the ‘meatiness’.
The Chop Haus seasoning honestly is the best in this. It’s my absolute favorite veggie seasoning.
Recipe Substitutions and Additions
I so love these sections on my posts. I love to be creative and push the limits!
- Vegetarian – just omit the bacon
- Veggies – add sauteed mushrooms, roasted peppers, asparagus, and hatch chiles. Be creative.
- Meats – cooked sausage, sauteed pancetta, chopped ham
- Cheeses – seriously pretty much anything that melts, works
- Dairy – You can use whole or half-and-half milk but honestly I found that the heavy cream is what gave it the best body and depth of flavor
- Crust – You can choose to bake this in a pie crust. You must blind-bake the pie crust first before adding the filling.
How To Reheat Quiche
You can use either a microwave or the oven/toaster oven.
- Oven – Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the quiche slice/however much you want into a heat-safe dish. Heat for 10-20 minutes or until warmed through.
- Microwave – heat in spurts of 20-second increments
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded and squeeze dried zucchini (measure after it’s been squeezed as much as possible)
- 1 cup corn (fresh corn off of the cob tastes best)
- 1 cup julienne or shaved carrots
- 2 cups freshly grated smoked gouda, divided
- 2 teaspoons Chupacabra Chop Haus seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F. To a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, and Chop Haus seasoning. Whisk to combine. Next, add in the zucchini, carrots, corn, and 1 1/2 cups of the gouda. Using a spatula, mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly sprayed 9″ Deep Dish Pie Plate evenly dispersing the ingredients. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of smoked gouda. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the middle barely jiggles (some jiggle is ok).
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing. It will be hot and slightly soft (it’s cheesy). Store leftovers covered and in the fridge.
Keywords: Easy Cheesy Summer Sweet Corn & Zucchini Quiche, crustless quiche, smoked gouda quiche, breakfast egg tart, corn and zucchini tart, gluten-free quiche, keto-friendly quiche, brunch recipes, easy breakfast recipes, savory breakfast