It’s time to take your pulled pork to a whole new level of deliciousness! Today I’m pairing tart cranberries with smoky chipotle peppers and a Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce makes this one of the best pulled pork sandwiches ever! Plus it is made in the Instant Pot!
This Slider Deserves Its Very Own Post
Consider this a follow-on recipe. Earlier I shared with you how to make my Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Pork in the Instant Pot. And in the blog post, I gave you suggestions on how to serve it. I’ve not stopped obsessing over this sandwich folks.
This… this sandwich hands down is my favorite way!
Grab Your Ingredients
Now this recipe is going on the assumption you’ve already made the Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Pork. If you’re like me, you already have some made-up in the freezer vacuum-sealed away when those cravings hit!
Make Sure To Check Out The Video!
Below is a culmination of 3 videos:
- First is the full video of how to make the pork itself
- Second is the slaw video
- Third is the sandwich/slider itself
And yes I’m assuming you have a container of Cranberry Pecan Coleslaw With Creamy Maple Dressing already made in the fridge ready to go. If you don’t, um… you should as it’s AMAZING!
- Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Pork
- Favorite Buns – brioche is my favorite
- Brie Cheese – I found brie paired perfectly with this sandwich. Yes, you can take the rind off if you want.
- Cranberry Pecan Coleslaw With Creamy Maple Dressing – trust me on this!
- Additional BBQ Sauce – I loved this one with it or you can make your own cranberry chipotle BBQ sauce.
It All Starts With This Pulled Pork
I’ve made thousands of different type of pulled pork in my career but y’all this easily is in the top 5 of the THE BEST I’ve ever had. The flavor pairing of the bbq seasonings with the tartness of the cranberries to that smokiness of the chipotle peppers truly exceeded my expectations.
In the original recipe I show you how to make it in the Instant Pot however you can absolutely make this in a smoker or the oven. I’ll be sharing soon a base recipe of how to make pulled pork in the smoker.
And if you’re here, you’re probably like me which means you have at least one bag of frozen fresh cranberries in the freezer. Yes, they need to be fresh and not dried.
The Slaw That Finishes It All
It’s a combination of tart dried cranberries, crispy pecans & crisp coleslaw coated with the most amazing creamy sweet maple dressing. It pairs PERFECTLY with this sandwich.
This slaw is on repeat in my house even still as it’s SO GOOD! Like I just smoked 7 pounds of pork shoulder butt last weekend and I made this slaw to go with it!
The Perfect Game Day Food
Now even though my team is out of the playoffs, I’m still watching the games which means I’m still making football foods.
This sandwich is on repeat right now because we’re obsessed with it!
Recipe Substitutions and Additions
God, I love this part!
- Chipotle – It doesn’t make the pork spicy but it adds a bit of smoky heat. You could cut back on how many you add if you’re not a huge fan of them.
- BBQ Sauce – I found using a sweeter/tangy BBQ sauce paired beautifully with this. A more vinegar-based one would work though you may need to taste for sweetness
- Cheese – my husband HATES brie but he will eat it on this if I take the rind off. You can also use Camebert, aged cheddar, white cheddar
- Slaw – You can also go with my honey mustard coleslaw and my classic diner-style coleslaw
- Veggies – Pickles, pickled onions, sliced red onions all work
- 6 cups of prepared Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Pork, warmed
- 5 cups of Cranberry Pecan Coleslaw With Creamy Maple Dressing
- 8 Brioche hamburger buns or 16 slider buns
- 8–10 ounces of Brie Cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup of prepared BBQ sauce, warmed
- To the bottom half of each bun place 1-2 slices of brie cheese followed by a scoop of Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Pork, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, a scoop of Cranberry Pecan Coleslaw With Creamy Maple Dressing, followed by the top half of the bun.
*Time does not include making the pork from scratch
Keywords: Ultimate Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork, sweet & spicy pulled pork, best pulled pork, instant pot pulled pork, slow cooker pulled pork, bbq pulled pork