These are certain things in life that just can speak for themselves.
This burger is one of those things…
This burger is so incredibly juicy and tender that it just melts in your mouth.
The flavors are so just..just..harmonious in your mouth that it’s as if it this burger was blessed by the heavens.
Angels sang when we ate these and I swear time just stopped.
Yeah, they are THAT GOOD!
Just look at all those caramelized onions inside this juicy, succulent burger! It just oozes love!
I know it’s hard to see but the bacon is underneath the burger. I wanted the caramelized onions to be the star here and baby, these stars are shining SUPER BRIGHT!
Now I’ve made these as 1/2 and quarter pound burgers, sliders AND even as appetizer meatballs (stay tuned for that recipe!)
If you hate onions (seriously I hate raw onions or onions that aren’t caramelized) you NEED to give this a try! Caramelized onions are super sweet and don’t have that cucky “raw onion” flavor that most kids hate. You will LOVE this.Print
- Pan fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove from pan and reserve 2 Tbl of bacon grease.
- Mix the ground beef, steak seasoning, caramelized onions, panko and bacon grease in a bowl (just until combined as I didn’t want to overwork the meat).
- Shape into 4 patties and indent one side (this prevents them from rounding up).
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Drizzle just a trace bit of oil in the pan.
- Place the patties and do not move for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip when the bottom has a caramelized brown crust.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes (or until desired done-ness).
- In the last minute of cooking add the Jarlsberg cheese on top and cover with a lid (this helps melts the cheese).
- Place on toasted bun.
- Garnish with Bacon BBQ Sauce