These Weekly Menu recipes allow you to get out of that same ol’ recipe rut and try some delicious and easy dishes! This week I highly recommend making the Double Chocolate Chip Occasion Cookies, White Fish Sliders with Spicy Jalapeno Slaw, and the Jarlsberg Sea Scallops over Pasta!
Happy Sunday and Happy Birthday week to me. Well okay, I technically celebrate the entire month (even if it’s just in my head).
Normally though, if HomeGoods and those stores were open, I would TOTALLY be celebrating all month long! But alas, our state isn’t open yet for normal-living yet.
In time, it will be. Until then, I just keep saving up my money for when they do re-open.
So I think winter has FINALLY left Pittsburgh. Last week it was still snowing here but the past few days it’s been in the 80’s with some sun.
I was even able to one-handed plant a few basil plants. I still need to get more herbs and a few container veggie pots.
Do you grow a garden?
You’d think to have almost 5 acres I would be I never put one in. I just never had the time to take care of it. A pot here or there of tomatoes or peppers and I was ok with.
I think once we do sell the house (seriously, prayers needed that this home goes to a very lucky family), my next house will have a few raised garden beds. Nothing too extreme but a few tomato & pepper plants, plus LOTS of herbs. Except for rosemary – I can’t stand that stuff.
TKW Bonus Recipe
Did you know that in every Sunday newsletter I include an exclusive, non-published BONUS recipe? Yep! How do you get it?
- Subscribe to my newsletter.
- Confirm your subscription. You’ll get an automated email asking you to confirm your subscription.
- That’s it! You’ll only get a newsletter when I publish something on the website.
- Make sure you add me to your SAFE SENDERS LIST!
Hard to Find Food Ingredients
Hey Family, what food items are you still having trouble finding in the store?
I ask because I want to plan my upcoming recipes accordingly. I mean I don’t want to post an amazing bread roll recipe if half of the population is still having trouble finding yeast or bread flour.
Some of you may not know this but SAF is the parent company of Red Star Yeast. Both products I LOVE!!! I found the 1lb vacuumed sealed bags on AMAZON if you can’t find yeast in your store.
Here’s the thing when you buy yeast like this in bulk. Remember, the yeast must be VACUUMED SEALED when you buy it! Never buy opened yeast – EVER!
- As soon as you open it, transfer it to an AIR-TIGHT container!
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 months; or
- Store in the freezer for up to a year or more! (this is what I do)
Did you make a recipe? Leave a blog comment!
So why do I ask this? Two reasons:
- Honest feedback is appreciated. It helps me learn and grow.
- Most folks read the comments first before they decide on making a recipe or not.
We all visit blogs looking for delicious items and inspiration. What I find (and you should as well) the MOST USEFUL thing is the comments that people leave. Honest feedback, good or bad but respectful please, on a recipe.
You can give suggestions on what you’d tweak or a spin you put on it. Heck or just tell me that you loved it! Like how to make vegan, keto, or not use mushrooms.
This is how I grow and become better on here and it gives you guys real feedback. The absolute most critical thing you can do for me is to leave a comment on the blog recipe post.
When I look at someone else’s recipe I read the comments as to me, that’s honest feedback. So when you make a recipe of mine or plan on making it, leave a comment on the post. I, and everyone else that goes to my site, truly would appreciate it!
Highlighted Recipes of the week!
Recipes that are tried and true but ones that you may have forgotten about,
- Aunt Nettie’s Orange Cranberry Nut Cake Aunt Nettie’s Orange Nut Cake quickly became one of our most favorite cakes ever with such incredible flavors of orange, cranberries, and nuts. It’s truly stunning and fantabulously delicious!
- Pressure Cooker Honey BBQ Boneless Chicken Thighs and brown rice– Super tender chicken coated in the best bbq sauce ever!
- Mom’s Comfort Beans and Weenies Potato Bake – One of my FAVORITE childhood meals!
- Creamy Baked Gnocchi with Arugula and Sausage– A comforting meal that doesn’t require a lot of work!
- Ultimate Oven Fried BBQ Chicken Quarters All of the great flavors of bbq chicken on the grill but made in the oven!
- Crispy Baked Taco Muffin Cups– Healthy, crispy baked taco muffin shells!
Weekly Dinner Menu – What to cook this week
With that guys, I’m getting this off to you all. Stay tuned for your newsletter AND your bonus recipe! Have one fantabulously amazing day!
Below I’ve put together some easy and delicious meal prep recipes that can help with dinner or lunch for the week. Plus dessert as well, you always have to have dessert! Is your favorite recipe listed below?
With that, have one fantabulously amazing week!
♥ Monday – White Fish Sliders with Spicy Jalapeno Slaw
♥ Tuesday – Jarlsberg Sea Scallops over Pasta
♥ Wednesday – Sheet Pan Smoked Kielbasa with Herbed Potatoes and Green Beans
♥ Thursday – Cucumber Ham Rollups
♥ Friday – Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto Pizza with Balsamic Drizzle
♥ Saturday – Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
♥ Sunday – Italian Tomato Tortellini with Spinach & Artichokes in a Grana Padano Cream Sauce
♥ Dessert of the week – Double Chocolate Chip Occasion Cookies