By now you all know I have this place in my heart for pizza. Like seriously it is my all time favorite food. While I have my TKW Signature Pizzas, I have given you a bunch of pizza recipes and adaptions to make on your own.
♥ Jarlsberg Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Hollandaise Sauce
♥ Pulled BBQ Chicken Caramelized Onion Jarlsberg Pizza
♥ Tomato Capresse Pizza
♥ Grilled Flatbread Breakfast Pizzas
♥ Grilled Flatbread Pizza
♥ Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread
♥ French Bread Pizza
♥ Simple Pizza Dough Recipe
This time I wanted to push the limits again. I wanted ‘odd’ if you will. I wanted one of those eye-brow raising reactions. That unsure-if-you-wanna-try-it-but–it’s-intriguing-you-none-the-less faces.
You’re gonna try it annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you’re gonna love it. It just ‘works’. It’s a sauceless pizza but the garlicy smashed cauliflower takes this pie beyond ordinary and into the land of fantabulousness.
Garlicy Smashed Cauliflower Prosciutto Jarlsberg Pizza
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net. Also, join our TKW Family on Facebook
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 Grilled Flatbread Pizza Shells (10” round)
- 2 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8–10 thin slices prosciutto
- ½ cup Jarlsberg, shredded
- 1 cup Jarlsberg, shaved
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Fill a 5 qt pot half way with water.
- Add in the cauliflower ensuring that they are floating with at least 1” of water beneath them.
- Bring to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cover.
- Boil for 10 minutes or until a knife pierces them easily.
- Empty into a colander and strain for, removing all excess water.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl, add in the butter, minced garlic, garlic powder , black pepper and oregano.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the cauliflower to very small pieces. You can mash completely but I prefer little chunks with this.
- Add in the 1/2 cup shredded Jarlsberg and mix well.
- Place 4-5 pieces of Prosciutto down on each flatbread.
- Evenly divide the smashed cauliflower mixture and spread over top the prosciutto.
- Divide the 1 cup shaved Jarlsberg and place on top of the pizza.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and flatbreads are crisp.
- Garnish with black pepper and oregano.
Leave a Comment & Review