By now you all know I have this place in my heart for pizza. Like seriously it is my all time favorite food. While I have my TKW Signature Pizzas, I have given you a bunch of pizza recipes and adaptions to make on your own.
♥ Jarlsberg Avocado Breakfast Pizza with Hollandaise Sauce
♥ Pulled BBQ Chicken Caramelized Onion Jarlsberg Pizza
♥ Tomato Capresse Pizza
♥ Grilled Flatbread Breakfast Pizzas
♥ Grilled Flatbread Pizza
♥ Pepperoni Pizza Pull Apart Bread
♥ French Bread Pizza
♥ Simple Pizza Dough Recipe
This time I wanted to push the limits again. I wanted ‘odd’ if you will. I wanted one of those eye-brow raising reactions. That unsure-if-you-wanna-try-it-but–it’s-intriguing-you-none-the-less faces.
You’re gonna try it annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you’re gonna love it. It just ‘works’. It’s a sauceless pizza but the garlicy smashed cauliflower takes this pie beyond ordinary and into the land of fantabulousness.
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 Grilled Flatbread Pizza Shells (10” round)
- 2 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8–10 thin slices prosciutto
- ½ cup Jarlsberg, shredded
- 1 cup Jarlsberg, shaved
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Fill a 5 qt pot half way with water.
- Add in the cauliflower ensuring that they are floating with at least 1” of water beneath them.
- Bring to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cover.
- Boil for 10 minutes or until a knife pierces them easily.
- Empty into a colander and strain for, removing all excess water.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl, add in the butter, minced garlic, garlic powder , black pepper and oregano.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the cauliflower to very small pieces. You can mash completely but I prefer little chunks with this.
- Add in the 1/2 cup shredded Jarlsberg and mix well.
- Place 4-5 pieces of Prosciutto down on each flatbread.
- Evenly divide the smashed cauliflower mixture and spread over top the prosciutto.
- Divide the 1 cup shaved Jarlsberg and place on top of the pizza.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and flatbreads are crisp.
- Garnish with black pepper and oregano.